Scuba Diving's Snipe Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

427Dave:
We need the cable strecher, the wires are too short.
I use this one in the film business. It is also fun to send a PA to the rental house for a box of red f-stops..... They usually start to catch on when I ask for a can of light bending spray, but not always.....

~Jess

How about fetching a u/w color enhancement tool?

Also could be referred to as a depth qualified royg restoration agent.

Or, maybe a night time tarpon attractant.

Remember this tool must be kept in watertight container to prevent leakage.

diverdan214:
The best Florida one has to be the "Manatees" joke. I always feel bad when kids come down and want to see them though, "Just keep looking Johnny, I'm sure you'll see one eventually."

Yeah, what is the "Manatees" joke? Diving with them at the Crystal River in Florida is awesome. One of them almost knocked me over in the water. Huge things! Really neat! All I wanted to do that day was see a Manatee. I didn't think that I would because I had to stay on the surface after experiencing severe vertigo at a depth of only 13 feet. Well that was all for the better because I got to see them on the surface and my buddies missed out while they were diving.

there wasnt much of that ship left at troy springs when we did our checkout dive there in 1980. i think i was expecting a little more too.

Chemlight chargers.

My buddies and I have got countless newb's with the chemlight charger thing.

Thats funny, our HMMWV's all have locks on them, even in theater. Go figure.

Not SCUBA related but funny... A friend of mine who was in the Navy used to send the newbs to engineering and ask for an Engineer's Punch. He says they would generally come back with bruises.

We recently took a trip to the South Pacific with a friend who had only dived in cold mountain lakes - she was a little bit nervous at the promise of lots of sharks on our dives. We managed to convince her that the new "snap-up" style fins just on the market (the ones that supposedly let you walk around easily with your fins still on) were actually designed for diving with sharks, and that in the event of an attack, the blade would simply snap off in the shark's mouth leaving you to swim to safety.... didn't think she'd go for it, but she did enquire about a pair at our LDS before we left.....

Pictures of our Manatee trip:

www.wolfpack764.com/scubascans.html

I thought I was going to be disappointed after my first few minutes in the water, then I felt a nudge on one side. It was a baby. Then the mother nudged me on the other side. Next thing I know, all three of our faces were together. It was awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom