Diving Friday and Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerryn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So the Pt. Lobos had no takers. I'm going to be at Pebble Beach, so I'm thinking of beach diving the wrecks there if the sea lays down enough. Otherwise I'll head up to the bay and dive the protected beaches.

Saturday morning I'm on the Monterey Express for two dives.

Anyone who wants to join me is welcome.

Jerry

Hi Professor, the Beach Hopper 2 has a charter to Point Lobos on Saturday this week, there is one spot left if you sign up quickly!! The spot is open as of 4:35pm, looks like somebody dropped out on that one. I'll be on that charter.

RoyN:
Hi Professor, the Beach Hopper 2 has a charter to Point Lobos on Saturday this week, there is one spot left if you sign up quickly!! The spot is open as of 4:35pm, looks like somebody dropped out on that one. I'll be on that charter.

I guess I missed that one. I am on the Monterrey Express.

Jerry

oooo oooo I wanna see a wreck!!!

jerryn:
I guess I missed that one. I am on the Monterrey Express.

Jerry

You can still cancel Monterey Express and get on the Beach Hopper 2 Dr. Jerry, there is still time left and there is one spot left on the Beach Hopper 2. Its at http://www.beachhopper2.com, that trip will take us down to Point Lobos and will drive us further into areas not reachable except by boat.

Roy,

Let me check on that. I need to be back on the dock by 1 -- I'm a tropy husband for a conference.

Yep there are wrecks off of Pebble Beach. About 6 of them. I understand the entry is sometimes sporting, and I tend to be a whimp when it comes to dashing through high surf from the beach, but if it is laying down -- I'm a gonna see some wrecks.

Jerry

jerryn:
Yep there are wrecks off of Pebble Beach. About 6 of them. I understand the entry is sometimes sporting, and I tend to be a whimp when it comes to dashing through high surf from the beach, but if it is laying down -- I'm a gonna see some wrecks.

More like remnants of wrecks. I've never personally dived those sites, but I understand that what's left are bits and pieces, like an anchor, some brass hardware, etc. strewn in the general area. Those ships got dashed against the rocks and then were pounded by heavy surf for decades.

These areas get direct surf, so are diveable only in the calmest of days, which is pretty rare.

Back
Top Bottom