Triple Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
www.vintagescubasupply.com and www.vintagedoublehose.com often have nice reconditioned regulators for sale. Often you can purchase or trade with other members of the vintage community.

The Nemrod company made some strange manifolds. Your not going to build triple 72s on the triple manifold pictured above and I have a Nemrod Double manifold which also has strange spacing, it is 7.8 inches c/c. Most older double manifolds are set at about 8.2 inches. Victor can custom make bands to fit most arrangements but I am at a loss as to what cylinders would have been used historically with these Nemrod manifolds. The triple set pictured above is about 7.2 inches c/c. Apparently in Europe there were some tanks of less diameter than the typical 6.9 inch diameter of 38s, 45, 50s and 72s as we commonly see here in the US (during the 60s) when these manifolds were sold. So, when you be-bopped into a LDS in 1966 and told the guy in there you wanted the purty Nemrod Triple manifold with 7.2 spacing and oh, give me that cute little double manifold there with the 7.8 spacing, exactly what tanks would have the LDS guy sold you to go with them--in 1966?

N

Did you ever see my tanks in my gallery at VintageDoubleHose.com?

http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/fo...2_GALLERYSID=c455d18de40d18e39dd1eae969c435c8

Take a look at these pictures:

main.php

main.php

These are fairly narrow tanks. They are 200 bars (about 3000 psi) and 50 cu ft each. The make a very low profile and very close to your back.
The yellow pair are Poseidon and the white are Draeger (first hydro 1957).

I have also seen other different sizes of European tanks.

One small detail to remember is that I believe the European tanks don't have a DOT stamp.

Unless you own a compressor, you'll never get them filled (by a U.S. LDS). :(

i think i have seen a tripple set up like that on ebay a few times,seems like i remember seeing 38 cf bottles on them.

CatalinaCanuck:
Thanks for all the good info, I think I'll try to peice it all together.

I've been checking out E-bay, but may just buy a totally reconditioned functional regulator for my first double hose setup. I've checked with Vintage Scuba Supply and Ron Miller's website. Should you have another source, please let me know, Turtleguy? I'll be diving the regulator in 40 to 50 Degree fresh water.

BTW I really like how supportive the vintage community is of new & wannabe(me) vintage divers.:D
Aloha Catalina
As I recall, double hose regs are great for cold water diving, as they don't freeze up.
I am still looking for some tanks for you.
Aloha Turtleguy9
Roger

I would love to get my hands on a set of triples. Double 38's would work for me also.

I suspect the lack of suitable tanks both in the past and now are the reason so many brand new Nemrod triple manifolds and more than occasional brand new Nemrod double manifolds show up on ebay and other places for sell.

I have thought to machine faux round bottoms and secure them to the bottom of aluminum 40s with B sealer and then paint the assembly to match in a vintage color, of course derating the tanks to 2,500 psi.

N

Catalina made aluminum 30s and 40s in 5.25" diameter, and Luxfer had 30s in 4.88" and 40s in 5.25", all in 3000 psi. All but the Catalina 30s show the typical aluminum end-of-dive positive buoyancy. Might be offset by the weight of that manifold, though!

I prefer end of dive bouyancy, it is easier for me to get neutral (with no BC) that way in minimal exposure gear--it is much easier to add a little weight than to deal with overly negative tanks. Problem with modern aluminum tanks on vintage manifolds is that the manifolds show 2,250 service and aluminum tanks are 3,000 service. N

But like you said, its easy to only fill to 2250. I worry more about the bushings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom