Destin Jetty Report of 3/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the bull we saw was not dead and he came back around three times which was a bit unnerving because as long back as I recall, no other shark I have seen did anything but swim away, some times slowly but more often pretty fast. The thing that was spooky is that he seemed to be trying to get around on my six.

I used to dive the jetty area a lot, long ago, and I never saw any sharks there before but there is a place we used to call Shark Alley which was as I recall between Amberjack and one of the several piles of rubble and sharks were not uncommon.

I have seen quite a few sharks in various places, here, there, but, I just have this thing about bulls, I don't trust them at all. I suspect sharks cruise the jetty often and just don't get within sight of divers--but they are there.

Mike, in early June my wife and I are coming down with the Whaler for a little bit of fishing and diving. I certainly plan to dive the jetty--from the boat. I might sidescan the jetty looking for sharks first---lol.

N

I wanna see another shark!

Michael

I was with Sea Yoda when we spotted one of the dead sharks last June.

Did it look like someone caught the shark, killed it and threw it back in or another shark/animal killed it?

Michael

Probably discarded carcass from a fishing boat. Its pretty common at the jetties... lots of filleted small fish too...

Yeah I would say it was dumped.

So this maybe sound stupid but, you can fillet a shark? A small one at least?

Well, I guess so but, why a shark? Will the little ones taste as good as the big ones?

Michael

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom