No Peeing Rule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kris is right, the 'no peeing rule' covers everyone whether you're in your own wetsuit or not. Here's the quote from the owner in Undercurrent:

"The thought of putting on a rubber suit, filling it will pee, swimming in it for an hour, coming back on the boat, letting the urine run out onto our carpet and the deck where other guests are barefoot, letting the sunshine bake that pee into one's skin, and then putting that same stinky rubber suit back on to do the whole thing again, well, yes, to me that is not only disgusting, it is gross and sick. Why would you use hand sanitizer yet think it is okay to soak your body in urine for up to four hours?"

Well, that cinches where I won't dive should I get there to do so.. If he feels that way about a quick pee, how does he feel about speedo's?

"Such testosterone ladden banana hammock clad bipeds intimidate me..."

Thalassamania:
Normal urine is quite sterile, there are places in the world (e.g., India) where is is drunk as a medicine.

I disagree. Normal urine in a bladder is sterile. Urine exiting from a pendulous prepuce or out a a moist flappy genitalia of a woman is loaded with bacteria, yeasts, white blood cells, red blood cells, and other organic matters.

Review a stack of normal clean catch urinalysis reports, and I can guarantee you would not consider urine to be clean.

cuddlefish:
....if someone handed me an unopened bottle of spring water, I'd drink it.

if the spring water came from florida, it's been peed in. that deer park water? i've peed in that. that dannon water? i've peed in that.

fun to be a cave diver - pee where few others have peed before...

you know what W.C Fields says ........

Water? I don't want any stinking water. Fish **** in it....
W. C. Fields

I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.
W. C. Fields

I never drink water; that is the stuff that rusts pipes.
W. C. Fields

I dove with them 1 day last year when I was in Maui. Captain Valerie (the busty blond) is his #1 and you can tell the way he talks about her. The dives were ok, but yes, the crew (including her) was fake and I was so embarrased about our approach into the dock (almost hit another ops boat, then another ops boat) that I had my head down leaving the dock. And yes, they have some cheer after you get to the dock and tell you to make sure you vote for them for best dive op in a survey. After that dive, I went with Ed Robinson and had great dives the rest of my time there. I also did the cathederals with Extended Horizons and that was good as well. interestingly enough, I asked a few people on one of the other ops (wont name them) how scuba shack gets "dive op of the year, etc... The answer was clear. They rah rah you on the boat deck to pressure you to vote for them and then they flood rodales with all these "surveys" when its time for scuba magazines best of the best awards. Goes to show you how lost rodales is. You would think they would be smart enough to send someone to these "best rated ops" to get a true story instead of relying on people like scuba shack to bush the voting process.
I also heard another tidbit that others may find interesting...Captain valerie is no captain at all. She had less that 50 hours on the water when I was there and that the owner signed off on all her hours so she could get her captains license. After her entry into the dock, I believe what the guy told me. Someone may want to look into that.

As for peeing in the wetsuit, as long as you flush its fine. Whats bad is when someone pees and then doesent flush and then is back on the boat and starts stinking. Id rather be hydrated and pee the wetsuit that risk a hit because I was so worried about whether or not I was going to have to pee or not. Its been proven that hydration is the best defense against a dcs hit, and thats exaclty why I drink plenty of water and dont drink any alcohol when Im on a diving vacation. I also dont drink coffee, tea, or any beverage with caffeine in it. It's more of a lifestyle choice for me, but it works well in diving as well.

gbrandon:
...I was so embarrased about our approach into the dock (almost hit another ops boat, then another ops boat) that I had my head down leaving the dock...

I've been on the receiving end of their boat handling more than once :wink:

gbrandon:
I dove with them 1 day last year when I was in Maui. Captain Valerie (the busty blond) is his #1 and you can tell the way he talks about her.

I also heard another tidbit that others may find interesting...Captain valerie is no captain at all. She had less that 50 hours on the water when I was there and that the owner signed off on all her hours so she could get her captains license. After her entry into the dock, I believe what the guy told me. Someone may want to look into that.
I think a call to the Coast Guard is in order.

As a mates log is only a little better then a dive log - lies, all lies - the Coast Guard makes the written test pretty hard. To pass it, you need to have some boat know how. The next question is, did this "Captain" acctualy have Coast Guard paper? If she did, it should have been posted on the boat.

Could it have been that there was another Captain on the boat and she was getting her log time in under supervision?

The Reader Rater
#1 Dive Operation in the State of Hawaii, 2002 & 2003
#1 Dive Operation in the Pacific and Indian Oceans 2003
#1 Dive Operation in the USA 2002
#12 Dive operation in the World 2002
#4 Dive Operation in the World 2003
#1 Staff in the World 2002

Scuba Diving Magazine
Reader's Choice Awards
Top 100,
Feb 2003 & 2004

When I see something like this, I think WOW, pretty good dive op in 2002 & 2003, but it 2007 and why haven't they been able to maintain those standards?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom