sea dwellers resort in key largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandmanz32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
has anyone had any experiences with them? they have a pretty cheap dive package, $530 pp for 6days 5 nights, 2 site dives daily, tanks, wieghts, and charter fees. just wonder if it is a desent place or if you "get what you pay for" kinda deal

yea i think they are right across the st from the 1 that they put you up in. the hotel is a hoilday inn "resort" or something it said.....long as its not a roach motel i dont care. lol i mainly just wanna know what kinda customer care they provide

I've been diving with Sea Dwellers for about 10 years now. The shop I DM for has been with them for much longer.So we are there between 2-3 weekends a month. They do a great job , Rob , Scott and Jeff run a tight ship. The boat seats 30 so depending on when you go it could be crowded. They usually book all thier rooms at the Holiday Inn directly across from their shop, the boat is docked right behind the hotel.

I was there just 2 weeks ago. The Holiday Inn is a nice place, not a roach motel at all. You get a breakfast each morning - eggs, bacon, grits, make your on waffle, fruit, pastries - all included. There are 2 pools with a Tiki bar between them, Nick mixes a really good rum & coke - heavy on the rum.

The only complaint is there was no balcony off our rooms to hang our wet gear, but we were only 100' from the boat. We finally just hung them over the fence around the pool and sat at the Tiki bar to watch things dry.

Several eating places close by, I preferred to walk down the canal to Sharkey's
World Watersports / Divers Direct is right next door so you can shop for any scuba related items you might need.

The Sea Dwellers crew did a great job, we had at most 14 divers on the boat at any one time, did 7 dives with them and 2 with Ocean Divers. We had great weather and was able to get in 4 dives on Friday/Saturday but only 1 on Sunday due to worsening conditions.

I agree... The Holiday Inn in Key Largo is very nice.

The rooms are nothing fancy but they were very clean when we were there with new furniture and new linens/bedspreads. The AC was killer cold and they had a mini fridge in the room.

You can just walk to the dive boat.

They've got two nice (but not huge) pools and a Tiki Bar between them. Inside is another bar and resturant, which breakfast was good at.

Like ScubaPT, there wasn't any easy place to dry gear, but that is about every place. A large tub to rinse the gear in with fresh water in it would have been nice in a location such as this also.

Divers Direct is next door like Scuba PT said. Also over there is a medium size grocery store, a laundry place and a coffee shop with donuts (if it's still open). McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, and Eckerd Drug are all within walking distance. Across the street is Snooks bar on the Bay. Nothing fancy but a nice place to sit at a bar on the water and watch the sunset.

IF I was booking another return trip back to Key Largo, the Holiday Inn is prob where we would stay for best bang for the buck.

Its been a year since we were there. It was worth it then it was our forth trip to sea dwellers. Always good people. The holiday inn is clean. But like everyone else says no place to hang your gear. But yes worth the money.

I did my OW cert dives with them and had a great time. The boat was nice, and the DMs were very professional. The rental equipment was quality.

Someone mentioned Sharkey's - love that place - espec. the lobster :) :) :)

Mike...

The grocery store in the stripe mall is closed, the Eckards is now a CVS. Thank goodness, Key Largo Coffee House is still there! (MM101)

Pat

MsParamedic:
Mike...

The grocery store in the stripe mall is closed, the Eckards is now a CVS. Thank goodness, Key Largo Coffee House is still there! (MM101)

Pat

That grocery store was kinda going downhill last time I was there anyway....

last time I was there (last summer) the fruit sold there was pretty bad looking and not something you'd want to buy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom