Stickers for equipment, personalized tags, where can I buy them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimsmithjimsmith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I need to buy personalized stickers for my equipment but cannot find anything on the Web. Any ideas? I cannot believe I cannot find a company who wants to sell this to me - maybe my search skills have too much salt water... :)

Thanks!

Personally, I think "uglier is better" if you dive on a group boat, or share a resort locker shack. For my wetsuit and fins, I used white silicone from a caulking gun (like a cake icing decorator). The results are very permanent, and ugly. For flashlights, I used a silver Sharpie marker. Not nearly so permanent, but really I was just trying to stop the people who didn't recognize their own gear, from grabbing mine by mistake.

I haven't tried the pens that some shops sell specifically to the purpose, but I know Liesure Pro sells something that's supposed to work.

If you want stickers, why not use return address labels? When I joined DAN, they sent me 50.

I see that no one has mentioned tags .. I had some custom tags made from this company (Dive-Logs) and they are quite good quality, look excellent, you can attach them to equipment, use as key chains, etc ... http://www.dive-logs.com/products.jsp?ProductCategory=15
Kinda expensive for just one, But I bought mine when they e/mailed me a 2 for 1 deal (Ask them to send you a brochure) and I purchased more than 15 so it was $2.50 each
I also purchased their dive log, it's quite a bit smaller than others .. I also had them do a custom dive stamp for me too .. good products and was nice dealing with them

Here is another tag option, custom dog tags in polished stainless steel, dull stainless, matt black, or polished brass ... http://www.customdogtags.com/

I go to the pet store and print out my name and phone number using the dog tag machine. I have them strapped to my regulator, bc, with zip ties (or whatever name you know them as).

For my lights, fins, I use a black magic marker and put my initials on them. Not nearly permanent, but lasts a dive season and can be renewable. I also write what size batteries the light uses somewhere on it so that I don't have to open it up every when I need new batteries.

For other items (inside of my mask strap (neoprene), my soft weights) I use a screaming yellow paint pen. It doesn't dry screaming yellow, but it is easy to read.

Here is a picture of what I am looking for - it is a reflective sticker personalized with your name on it.
It is really tough to peel off.
The material resembles the renewal sticker that we US-midwesterners need to occasionally put on our license plates, the sticker material is almost as tough as a streetsign.

I have seen these stuck to dive maps in the Philippines.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Here is a sample from an old camera someone gave me:

1.jpg
2.jpg

By the way, I really appreciate all the input - I am new to this whole posting/board thing and I appreciate the kind responses!

Bratface:
I go to the pet store and print out my name and phone number using the dog tag machine. I have them strapped to my regulator, bc, with zip ties (or whatever name you know them as).

now thats a good idea !!! Probably way cheaper than the DAN equivilant or whatever other companies are making such tags

thanx for the idea:crafty:

elim

Back
Top Bottom