Another DIY V Weight Thread, With Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the weights are crude but if you had heated the mold more they would have turned out better. i have a bullet mold that makes 3 2.5 pound weights that my cousin made me in his machinist course. all it cost me was a case of beer. the edges are rounded and he measured a piece of webbing to make the melt insert in the weights. it is mae of cast iron so it must be heated up alot to be able to cast the weights but they turn out very smooth and have a great finish to them. ill post pics as soon as ihave some.

While I can't recommend it, I got myself shot about 4 yrs. ago with number 4 buckshot. My body is now weight integrated . The big drawback is it can not be easily easily ditched in an emergency.

Well, thanks for waiting a year to make this joke :D

To dump your weight, you could always cut off your leg (or wherever you got shot).

Care to elaborate on how that happened? Did you forget to tip the DM?

Actually it was my leg. While on LE patrol and another officer and I were checking a man in the road who had a gun and he turned out to be deer hunting. A woman further down the road fired down the middle of road and shot me and her own vehicle. She would have hit my partner and the other hunter but they were shielded by a truck.It was a hailstorm of lead. One .25 pellet grazed past the side of my face and I caught a load in my right leg. You could hear the pellets pinging as they hit vehicles that were parked there.

We were able to apprehend her as she was leaving the scene. She was stopped by us by pointing an M-4 machinegun at her and telling her to drop her gun. I thought it was a guy. A woman's voice said "Is there a problem?" My buddy looked at me and said with a smile "you just it got shot by a girl !"

Now I knew it would be just be a matter of time before I got shot by a woman but I thought I would at least have the pleasure of her company first.

Actually it was my leg. While on LE patrol and another officer and I were checking a man in the road who had a gun and he turned out to be deer hunting. A woman further down the road fired down the middle of road and shot me and her own vehicle. She would have hit my partner and the other hunter but they were shielded by a truck.It was a hailstorm of lead. One .25 pellet grazed past the side of my face and I caught a load in my right leg. You could hear the pellets pinging as they hit vehicles that were parked there.

We were able to apprehend her as she was leaving the scene. She was stopped by us by pointing an M-4 machinegun at her and telling her to drop her gun. I thought it was a guy. A woman's voice said "Is there a problem?" My buddy looked at me and said with a smile "you just it got shot by a girl !"

Now I knew it would be just be a matter of time before I got shot by a woman but I thought I would at least have the pleasure of her company first.
Wow. Glad you're OK.

Back
Top Bottom