Canon A710IS, My results are in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kweaver:
I just got the A570 IS and underwater housing from 17thstreetphoto.com. I also got the upgrade kit which includes 4 nimh rechargeable batteries and a charger, a case, lens cleaner, mini tripod, large tripod, card reader, and a 2 GB card. Total with shipping was $490 for everything. They also have the external strobe for $298 more if you want one. I had the setup in 2 days with UPS ground. The camera is awesome and the case feels solid. Can't wait to use it underwater.

What kind(brand) of strobe do they have for $298???...

scottg541:
I think Sunpak G flashes are 200-250... i bought one a couple years ago, works great for the price.

Scott[/q

Scott, does this look like the same strobe you sent me a picture of for your A620??.....click link....http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=SU067G&is=REG&Q=&O=productlist&sku=307876...If it doesn't work, find it @ bhphoto.com & type in their search box: sunpak g strobe.....thanks......Joe

Yep,
that's it.

as i remember, they were having trouble keeping it in stock when i bought it too.

I really does very good considering the price, of all the diving stuff i've spent money on, this was one of the best things i picked up. Gives you a descent lighting option, while not costing you tons of cash.

I have heard some people having luck with built in flashes, but i had no luck (just lots of backscatter and half lit pictures) using it for anything but triggering the slave stobe.

Having said all that.... the photos i've taken that i like best are with natural light.

Scott

scottg541:
Yep,
that's it.

I really does very good considering the price, of all the diving stuff i've spent money on, this was one of the best things i picked up.

That's a really nice rig. Does it use a fiber optic to fire and does it come with one or do you have to get that seperately??

There's a similarly priced setup from Fantasea that I've been looking at and it comes with the fiber as well as the tray/arm/slave.

It has a slave sensor, which is what i've been using. I think Fantasea does have a fiber optic cable that fits nicely onto the sensor.

Scott

Great Pictures! It does make you feel good about starting out with good pictures. I have used the SD700 with Very Good results. The Underwater settings are the life savor for those of us starting out.
I just purchased the G7 and trying to get a good working plan before going underwater with it. I think that is the biggest mistake I made on the SD700 (it belongs to a friend). I spent many minutes trying to get to understand the camera underwater before playing with the camera on land. Hey, taking a class has helped too. (30yrs with a film camera doing it wrong....) B-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom