Need help with packing gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85:
Don't go to Italy or Ireland anytime in the near future...........you'll be on pins & needles for a few days...........

Only around Asia and back and forth to Canada, so you do have a good point. I'm sure there are lots of areas that this are far more prone to baggage loss and theft. This is just my experience in the countries I frequent.

Diver Dennis:
Only around Asia and back and forth to Canada, so you do have a good point. I'm sure there are lots of areas that this are far more prone to baggage loss and theft. This is just my experience in the countries I frequent.

I've never encountered problems traveling to and from Ireland. I have used both Dublin and Shannon airport.

But back to my problem...cause it's my thread and it's all about me, me, me :D.

American Eagle flight between Miami and the caribbean islands is an ATR72 jet

Im pretty sure you will be flying an ATR42 which is in fact a prop aircraft. As for the overhead, I just got back from Bonaire and the ATR has very little overhead space. They ramp-checked all bags bigger than a lap top.

ATR's new interior design was introduced on the ATR 42-500, with a completely reworked and extensively soundproofed passenger cabin.
The new-look interior offers 40 percent more volume in the overhead storage bins, with each bin unit sized at 2 meters long for outsized carry-on baggage. These features give the ATR 42-500 the highest carry-on volume per passenger in its class.
ATR's new interior for the ATR 42-500 provides improvements for what always has been an excellent passenger cabin. ATR's cabin cross-section was designed from the start for passenger comfort -- with the 17.3-inch width of seats being wider than a standard economy class seat on the B737.

The cabin redesign of the new generation enhances the feeling of space, with clean flowing lines and careful attention to cabin lighting. An integrated handrail incorporated on the edge of the overhead storage bin for ease of movement along the cabin adds to the cabin's attractiveness.
A maintenance free, passive, advanced acoustic treatment enhances the travel environment, ensuring a passenger comfort equivalent to that of a jet aircraft.

Just googled this info hope it helps.

mnj1233:
American Eagle flight between Miami and the caribbean islands is an ATR72 jet

Im pretty sure you will be flying an ATR42 which is in fact a prop aircraft. As for the overhead, I just got back from Bonaire and the ATR has very little overhead space. They ramp-checked all bags bigger than a lap top.

ATR72 is what AA has listed as the equipment for my flight. They don't list anything different for the carryon limitations either. But it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be a smaller aircraft.

On ATR-72 flights only one piece of hand baggage not exceeding L + B + H being 50 + 45 + 20 = 115 cm per passenger will be allowed.

A laptop will be permitted in lieu of hand luggage but one piece of hand luggage plus a laptop will not be permitted as cabin baggage.

Hand baggage that cannot be stowed in the overhead bins or under the seats will be retrieved and loaded in the aircraft cargo hold. On some occasions, your hand carried luggage may not be allowed into the aircraft cabin due to insufficient storage space. For safety reasons and for the comfort of our passengers, it will be transported in the baggage compartment of the aircraft.

You are advised to remove any fragile or perishable articles, money, camera, keys, jewellery, silverware, precious metals, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents, samples, medicines or drugs before handing over your hand carried luggage for loading in the baggage compartment of the aircraft.

The weight of the hand baggage should not exceed 7 kgs. Strolley bags with the above specified dimensions will be allowed.

Diver Dennis:
On ATR-72 flights only one piece of hand baggage not exceeding L + B + H being 50 + 45 + 20 = 115 cm per passenger will be allowed.

A laptop will be permitted in lieu of hand luggage but one piece of hand luggage plus a laptop will not be permitted as cabin baggage.

Hand baggage that cannot be stowed in the overhead bins or under the seats will be retrieved and loaded in the aircraft cargo hold. On some occasions, your hand carried luggage may not be allowed into the aircraft cabin due to insufficient storage space. For safety reasons and for the comfort of our passengers, it will be transported in the baggage compartment of the aircraft.

You are advised to remove any fragile or perishable articles, money, camera, keys, jewellery, silverware, precious metals, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents, samples, medicines or drugs before handing over your hand carried luggage for loading in the baggage compartment of the aircraft.

The weight of the hand baggage should not exceed 7 kgs. Strolley bags with the above specified dimensions will be allowed.

Where did you get this from diver dennis? It's not what I read on AA's baggage page.

Back
Top Bottom