USB connection for Mares dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spankey:
hay Jim,

sorry to hear, I cancelled my first order due to them being full of $@$#, and fourtunatly I found it localy, which is EXTREAMLY odd, as I am in South Africa and we are normaly the last country to get anything.

I hope you come right.

Jason

Thanks for your good wishes ....they worked.
The dive shop phoned to say it has arrived.
Tommorrow I can pick it up.
Nice timing, as I fly out on Sunday and will be have a weekends diving in between working in Malaysia.

Cheers

Jim

I am now in possesion of the usb Iris.
Tried with 2 computers and both do the same.

Despite being USB the first time it asks about a com port.

It starts off with com 2 selected.
I says it has to be reset.

com2 gives an error [DM.DP] :line '0' - Error n [0]
The same error comes when no usb cable is connected.
Advice is to re-istall software. Tried this to no avail.

Other com selections give a time out error with the advice to change com settings or repostion interface etc.

Any one got it working???

Any ideas??

All help gratefully recieved.

Jim

Here are some helpful tips:

One of the things I had to do was go in on the dive preferences and start to switch the USB ports till the right one was found. The software does not detect where you plug in the cable after you download the program and updates.

1: Please try to delete all the file content in your personal TEMP directory (normally in c:\documents and settings\customers name\local settings\temp) and Internet Explorer (c:\documents and settings\customers name\local settings\temporary internet files).

Or you can try to use the application in Start->Programs->Accessories->System Utilities->Clear Disk and select Temp and IE Directory

After that try to reinstall.

2: In your Control Panel->Installed Application do you see a NI Visa entry? If yes, you do not need to install the visa260.msi setup (due to same installation package).

You can optionally uninstall it and launch to visa260.msi setup.

If this fail do the following steps:

1) Click the Windows Start button, select Run, and type the following command in the Open field:
%systemroot%\installer

2) download from http://www.farinaperseu.com/iris/NIvisa260Runtime.msi and save in that directory (normally C:\WINDOWS\Installer)

Now you can continue on your process.

Phil,
Thanks for the tips and so quickly.
In the end it needed to be com 4 on both my desk top and the lap top.
The dives have down loaded OK and I am having a play.
Again thanks
Jim

Phil,

I have downloaded my dives and would like to see what happened to my disolved gas profile. This works perfectly for single dives.

The PC software however ignores the gas disolved during previous dives. This means that the dislpay on the PC doees not reflect what was on the dive computer during the dive and the saturation graph is not real either.

Please pass this to the development team as I believe that this would improve the software significantly.

Thanks

Jim

PS I know it is possible to export the dive data to XL and then use in a 3rd party simulator......but that misses the simplicity and the simulated Mares display.

jimclarke:
Phil,

I have downloaded my dives and would like to see what happened to my disolved gas profile. This works perfectly for single dives.

The PC software however ignores the gas disolved during previous dives. This means that the dislpay on the PC doees not reflect what was on the dive computer during the dive and the saturation graph is not real either.

Please pass this to the development team as I believe that this would improve the software significantly.

Thanks

Jim

PS I know it is possible to export the dive data to XL and then use in a 3rd party simulator......but that misses the simplicity and the simulated Mares display.

Jim

I have someone checking into this, will get back to you asap.

Phil

I noticed this deficiency also. I have as many as six (6) dives in a single day, on NITROX. It would be nice to see the PPO2 for the subsequent dives the same day. This is true on dive planning also.

Another thing I found, having just received my IRIS today, and downloading the dives, is that I had to download all dives into one logbook. I see no way to manage the dives. The help menu says that you can create a logbook for different reasons, like different dive trips, and this sounds great, but how do you put the dives in the correct log book? The download downloads all dives, no way to select which go where. Also, is there a way to delete dives? Or at least move them to a different logbook? I have some pool dives that are really meaningless for statistical purposes. Also, the first dive, which was included with the computer (I'm guessing at test dive) skews my stats, since it was at a min temp of 57 degrees, and the rest were at 79-82 degrees. I want to delete that "test dive".

Oh, I did fill out a ticket on the IRIS website for the managing dive problem. Not for the PP02 problem.

Hello Phil,

I have downloaded the latest version of the IRIS software 2.3 and aparently it will not install in Windows Vista. But the older version 2.2.2 will. Any idea ? are they planing on updating the software to work with Vista.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom