Angina - How does it effect diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakkis:
The more salient point is that HIPPA does not apply to laura0314 since she is neither:

a) a health care provider
b) a health care clearinghouse.
c) a health plan

Even IF she gave us her friend FBI dosier. HIPPA does not apply.

I don't see where laura0314 tells us what she does for a living, but chances are you're right rakkis. But even if it turns out that she is a health care professional (even her friend's health care professional) it wouldn't be a HIPPA violation if she didn't connect what would otherwise be Protected Health Information to a specific ID.

:popcorn: Shouldn't the OP question be the discussion here? Hope all works out in your friends favor, Laura.

rakkis:
Not a HIPPA violation.

You are right, I didn't make myself clear apparently. But what about loyalty to a friend? I'm talking about violating a friendship. Would you want your test results on a forum for stangers to see? Don't even bother to answer because I don't want to hear it. Laura is quite concerned about her friend, I just think there are better ways to do it.

You were clearly wrong in what you posted about a Laura0314 perpetrating a HIPPA violation, and since none of us have any information whatsoever on who she is posting about other that it's some unnamed "friend" of hers, I think you're unfair to continue to beat on her for posting her question. I'm really sorry that your friend hurt you by revealing your personally identifiable medical information to a stranger, but that's not what Laura0314 did here. I don't see where her post is inappropriate at all and I for one won't pick on her for it.

Twiddles:
:popcorn: Shouldn't the OP question be the discussion here? Hope all works out in your friends favor, Laura.

Yes, you're right Twiddles, it should be. And since there's nothing wrong with her question, perhaps we shouldn't pick on her for asking, eh?

yes thank-you for your concern
My friend asked me to post this for him -
otherwise I would not have done this.
Actually - he forwarded his medical info to me
for the sole purpose to post here -
on Scuba Board
but again - thank-you for your concern
and thoughts

thank-you for your concern
my friend asked me to post his
data on scuba board -
he wanted to provide accurate information with fellow divers