Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrConclusion:
I'm a dork.

Hey, I dive with an Air-2... AND a standard octo!
(the octo to practice hand-offs to students, but it's usually removed for rec diving. Maybe I'll start leaving it on? And when diving with students, I am required by PADI to wear a snorkel. It's blue.)

And for rec diving, I often carry a pony or a spare-air. (I even own a "spare" spare air to loan to buddies.) And I own two pairs of blue split fins and love 'em.

If I go rec diving with my primary, Air-2, the standard octo, and both Spare Airs (slung cave style, of course) can I get into the hall of fame? What if I got a set of doubles bands made for the Spare Airs?

Whoa- you've got my vote!

On my Sherwood I have the integrated inflator/backup and a dedicated Octo because the one time I used the integrated backup it was tough breathing and breathed wet...of course I also take along a 6 CF spare air...:)

Mike

mikerault:
On my Sherwood I have the integrated inflator/backup and a dedicated Octo because the one time I used the integrated backup it was tough breathing and breathed wet...of course I also take along a 6 CF spare air...:)

Mike

Yeah buddy! Someone else who uses a primary/integrated-inflator/octo/pony setup!

Have you ever gotten a funny if you get bored during a dive and practice switching between all four sources? It's so worth it.

mikerault:
Retro,

Yep that they are. I wouldn't be able to see my gauges otherwise!

Mike

Glad I'm not the only one that uses them. (I think they're great by the way.)

For the record, I would like to submit that I completed my first dive of the year without looking like a dork. Well, at least I don't think so. I expected to hook my tank up wrong and for about 30 seconds I really thought I had my dive skin on inside out- and I wasn't about to take my wetsuit off to fix that! No major errors on my part. But if I'd have errored majorly, I have new confidence due to the fact that can proudly look like a dork! This is so cool!

I think it is wise and safe to dive redundant ponys, too.
Can I be a dork candidate, too?

DiverBry:
I think it is wise and safe to dive redundant ponys, too.
Can I be a dork candidate, too?

I think its safe to dive dual pony's if they are manifolded properly!
Your avitar makes you a member!

Dave

frankc420:
I have a big head.. can I be a DD?

Oh ya Frank - I saw your picture in your profile. Anyone who has a scuba smurf - or even knows what a smurf is, membership is a given!:wink:

Dave

Teamcasa:
Oh ya Frank - I saw your picture in your profile. Anyone who has a scuba smurf - or even knows what a smurf is, membership is a given!:wink:

Dave

Oh SNAP! :D

Ok, so now you've given me an idea! I need a light blue full skin, yellow fins, yellow shorty, and pink mask. :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom