Why do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Papa Steve:
It's something in which my wife and I have equal interest and enjoyment. I'm not following her in her hobby, she's not following me in mine. We both truly enjoy it and have the blessing of doing it together. There's nothing greater that having awesome experiences along side the one you love.

This, too. She likes wildlife spotting and I like taking pictures, so we work pretty well together as well! In fact, she's generally the one pestering me when we don't have a couple of dive vacations scheduled for the next year....

scubacoots3:
Papa Steve you are one blessed man to have your wife share this with you.

I have been trying to get my wife to go for years with zero intrest, however my two oldest daughters got certified this past year so now i have the blessing of diving with them - but would still truly love to have my wife with me, keep on praying - I do believe in miracles.

-SC3

Bren and I were married 25 years before she learned to snorkel for our trip to Playa, and touring the underground, rivers and bays. In 2002 she finally said she was tired of looking at photos and learned to dive, and dive she did, now with over 200 in her log book!

tony

What about diving didn't make me want to dive... I am a total water baby growing up on the beach in virginia. I am a adernaline junkie hardcore so diving is up my alley :)

The quiet is what keeps me doing it... when you have a busy life its nice to be somewhere quiet.

I've always loved the ocean, loved the photos of coral reefs and wrecks, and I snorkeled in Bermuda. I came back, completely jazzed about snorkeling and a friend of mine said, "You need to get SCUBA certified!" A few weeks later, I "coincidentally" found an ad in the local paper advertising a class starting up. I signed up, and found that I basically LIVE for it, and wish I would have started in my teens.

I love going to tropical locations, love the discipline and attention to detail that's required, love the company of other divers, and I love the silence and beauty and the way every care and concern for things happening topside, seems to just melt away. I love the feeling of floating neutrally buoyant and slipping the bonds of gravity, and I love the reverence and awe that I feel, everytime I'm down there. It's like getting to see the world through a child's eyes all over again! :)

My dad was a hardcore diver and spearfisherman. I always thought it looked like a really cool thing to do. Turns out, it is! Cold water, warm water, good or poor vis-it's all good to me.

Another Jacques Cousteau fan here! Growing up in the midwest, the "undersea world" was a great escape.

Learned to dive almost 25 years ago while stationed on Midway Island in the Navy.

I still do it 'cause I've yet to see it all :D

I like how it makes me look like Paul Walker and my wife look like Jesica Alba
from Into the Blue!!

Really I love the lake and the water. Waited 30 years for my own boat and can't wait to retire on the lake and watch the sunset over the water for the rest of my life.

When I was five or so, I saw Jaws.

I may have been the only one on the planet, but that didn't scare me out of the water - it made me want to be IN the water. I wanted to be Matt Hooper in the cage looking at that 25 ft. shark.

I promised myself (as much as a five year old can do) that I would do that someday. Haven't done the great white part (though that is only a short while off) but I'm doing the scuba part.

breathing under water is just too much fun.

To be so very cool! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom