Why do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
I love going to tropical locations, love the discipline and attention to detail that's required, love the company of other divers, and I love the silence and beauty and the way every care and concern for things happening topside, seems to just melt away. I love the feeling of floating neutrally buoyant and slipping the bonds of gravity, and I love the reverence and awe that I feel, everytime I'm down there. It's like getting to see the world through a child's eyes all over again! :)

How did you get in my head? :wink:

norine62:
I wanted to be Matt Hooper in the cage looking at that 25 ft. shark.

You aint right.

:wink:

Weightlessness, silence, beauty, awe...
No phones...

The doctors and judges kept asking if I had ever been certified.
I got tired of saying no. So I went out and got my SDI Card.

Now days diving allows me to escape underwater where the PETA Police can't find me.

I grew up sailing and swimming in New England. I was always curious about the deep. When I met my wife, she had a mask, one pink fin (lost the other in Cozumel) and a C-Card. She suckered me into to taking a "free" Scuba lesson in Cozumel in a 3' pool and by lunchtime, I was in the ocean. I absolutely loved it. I dragged her through every bit of training and water I could find. Today we are instructor & divemaster and spend a lot of time in the water. I love the serenity and the fact that my cell phone doesn't work underwater. It also gives me an excuse to go to some very cool tropical places. I feel a connection to the sea. My Grandfather was a merchant marine and commercial fisherman. My father was born in New Bedford Mass and I can't remember a time as a kid not having a sailboat. We dive wet, dry, warm, cold, night or day. I know my dad would have loved this sport and I feel a connection to my roots in the sea. This summer, we are going to dive in New England for the first time. We are going to dive some of the places I sailed as a kid. Full circle..... the water is my church.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom