Kingston Charter Boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound:
OK Tom, it won't be this weekend, or the next, since the water in Kingston is still so *COLD* compared to the warm St. Lawrence river. I'll be diving the river this weekend. It's over 50F at Brockville now. A few days ago I froze in 41F kingston water. No thanks!

It was 46F on Monday this week in the river. I'm not sure if it could get up over 50F that quickly. Would be nice, though.

gathan:
Why are you taking the line out Tom? Dave and I were looking fwd to give that site a shot. Pity:(

Andre

We take the line off the wreck every Season to keep the boat customers from accidently using it and causing a problem. The line is a scooter run for us in the off season and we do not wish to have any one accidently hurting themselves.

Tom R:
We take the line off the wreck every Season to keep the boat customers from accidently using it and causing a problem. The line is a scooter run for us in the off season and we do not wish to have any one accidently hurting themselves.
How deep is the thermocline at the Munson lately? It's probably a 2 or 3hour shore dive, so best to keep above the thermocline as long as possible I would imagine :D

DeepBound:
How deep is the thermocline at the Munson lately? It's probably a 2 or 3hour shore dive, so best to keep above the thermocline as long as possible I would imagine :D

I thought you had an entry that wouldn't require a scooter or long swim to get to the wreck. I'd really like to know where it is, as scootering for an hour to get to the line is pretty boring. Will you be running a new line to the wreck as well. That would save us a lot of work later in the season.

jjones9527:
Its actually more like 4500 feet from where we go in, which is the safest public access. At the closest point the wreck is 1400 feet from shore, and it lies at 110feet. I don't see how this can be done swimming as a recreational dive. If you don't mind showing us, it could make it easier and safer for everyone.

Why don't you just go in from the farm? The guy there is a pretty nice guy. You just have to tell him that Tom sent ya.

Did you go in from the conservation area or the side of the road?

DeepBound:
Why don't you just go in from the farm? The guy there is a pretty nice guy. You just have to tell him that Tom sent ya.

Did you go in from the conservation area or the side of the road?

And walk through a couple hundred meters of field and horse ***** and then have to scale down a 20ft cliff? No thanks, I'll keep going in across from the airport. Even if you got in at the closest point I still don't see how it could be done recreationally swimming.

Back
Top Bottom