Atmos 2: low battery when turned on, then shows full??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jethroish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I each have a Atmos 2 puter. We compare them on our dives and they agree on everthing (execpt being 1 degree diff.). One of them, however, displays the flashing "low battery" when first turned on. A few minutes later it shows full battery. I have had this computer only 1 1/2 year and it has its 3rd battery in it. The last 2 times it did this, rather than changing battery, we dove it and kept good tabs on it. It agreed with the other puter and depth agreed with analog gauge. No problems noted.
Anyone else experience this? Is this normal (I would not think so)?
I have already zapped an email to Aeris also.

:confused:

I had the exact same problem, but changing out the battery seemed to solve mine. Since you've already done that, that won't work in your case.

Please let us know what Aeris says - I'd be interested.

Use the search feature. This is a common issue others have reported. Mine's only done it once. The initial "low" reading appears to be a false reading and once you let the computer "warm up" it resolves itself. Just turn it on 10-15 minutes before you splash. That's what I do.

I did a quick search of "low battery" but did not see a similar post title.
Anyhow, it really only does this after not being used for several weeks. If only a few days or week, no low battery.
Guess it is not too big of an issue, but regardless, I will keep and eye on it and always keep spare batteries.

Jethroish:
Anyhow, it really only does this after not being used for several weeks. If only a few days or week, no low battery.
Guess it is not too big of an issue, but regardless, I will keep and eye on it and always keep spare batteries.

Here is a lengthy discussion on the topic.
Erroneous Low-Batt Indicator on Atmos II

--- bill

Jethroish:

Try these:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=169532&highlight=atmos+2+battery

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=163608&highlight=atmos+2+battery

I went through the same thine a few month ago on our pair of 13 month old units.

The threads pretty much lay it all out. The startup load will temporarily cause a power drop and show the low battery. I believe it is a Sony battery that performs best in this application even though there are a number of crossovers the power curves are different.

If the battery is too low to support a dive it will not go into dive mode.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom