Atmos 2 Battery Changeing Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cobra852

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm having fits changing the battery on my Atmos 2. I have the black ring off now I'm confronted by the clear cover with a very small black ring around it. I can't seem to get it off. I'm hesitant to try prying anymore in fear of damaging the clear battery housing. Anyone know the secret of opening this?

Dumb question, perhaps -- why not ask your LDS to do it?

I don't recall exactly but I think you have to gently nudge the clear plate off the back once the ring is removed. If you have an LDS that does not charge much to do, it's not a bad idea to have them do it. On the other hand, I have seen some LDS charge a ridiculous fee for the battery and change. For example, I have one local shop that only charges for the battery (about $4.00 for Atmos 2) and puts it in free of charge. There is another local shop that charges $30 to replace the battery. I think $30 is ridiculous but it goes with that shop's business model on making profits. (Ironically, both LDS owners post on SB).

The clear plug is now just resting in there with the o-ring seal. A careful pry will lift it out. Work your way around so as not to cock it in there.

On reassembly put the black ring on your thumb so that once you press the clear cover down with the thumb you can place the ring and rotate it to the locked position without removing pressure.

The instructions require a new O-ring but I have been OK inspecting and greasing mine.

When all else fails check the manual.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom