world's biggest aquarium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackSpearo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got back from the georgia aquarium and they told me it was the world's biggest...

but I sorta don't believe it...

my fiance is from Valencia, Spain and I swear that the aquarium there is a lot bigger (the georgia aquarium's main tank with the whale sharks is probably bigger than valencia's, but I think valencia has over all more gallons)

does anyone know which is bigger?

I'm having a hard time finding it online...

all I can find is that GA has 8 million gallons and Valencia 11 million gallons

thanks,

Jack

JackSpearo:
I just got back from the georgia aquarium and they told me it was the world's biggest...

but I sorta don't believe it...

my fiance is from Valencia, Spain and I swear that the aquarium there is a lot bigger (the georgia aquarium's main tank with the whale sharks is probably bigger than valencia's, but I think valencia has over all more gallons)

does anyone know which is bigger?

I'm having a hard time finding it online...

all I can find is that GA has 8 million gallons and Valencia 11 million gallons

thanks,

Jack

The Georgia Aquarium has more individual animals, more species, a larger single tank, a larger single viewing window, a larger single exhibit and more overall square footage - L'Oceanografic has a larger water volumn - you pick:) - plus the Georgia Aquarium already has an expansion planned and there may be at least two new aquaria on the way that may be larger than either Atlanta or Valencia.

According to the show the Travel Channel did on L'Oceanografic, it is the largest aquarium in the world.

JackSpearo:
I saw that program they did on it, pretty awesome...wish it would come on again...

They repeat it about once a month or so, but usually late at night. Can you say TiVo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom