cannister light question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pick up the Salvo 21w for nearly the same price you were going to pay for that Halcyon 10w light, and you'll be a VERY happy camper.

10w is great for caves, but gets kinda puny if you dive in low-vis open water. At least, by comparison to the 21w lights!

If you're budget-minded, the Salvo 10W that NWGratefulDiver is talking about is really a TON of light for the money. I did the first dive with him on that light, and I was truly astonished at how well it compared to the beam from my 21W.

I don't know the story on the Salvo latches, but I will say that when mine broke, Salvo Fed Exed me a new latch at their own expense, so I could make my Indonesia trip with my very, hands-down favorite piece of dive equipment.

salvo is my light of choice, but I suggest going bigger then 10w, that is 20w

globaldiver:
I have talked to some divers with Salvo lights, who bought them quite recently, and they told me they have problems with the latches on the cannister. They rust, and do so fairly quickly.

I can verify this -- I am currently on my second set of latches, and by their appearance I will likely need to change them again soon. My Salvo 21W is a little over a year old, with about 100 dives on it.

Other than the latches, though, I've been very happy with it.

1st, I new here.

2nd, I'm also in the market for an HID light.

It's the first time I've heard of Salvo and Greenforce. I always thought that Halcyon was the only way to go for DIR light. I visited both sites. SALVO ain't that really cheap too. Where do I get prices for greenforce? The website says i could only call......Greenforce stuff look nice. Are they more pricy than Halcyon and Salvo???

Salvo and GreenForce...both are excellent.

I think the Salvo 21W HID is the best overall light around. However, it is heavy and a bit cumbersome.

GreenForce lights are extremely versatile and much lighter, so consider how much traveling you plan do do, weighting issues and any personal considerations.

Jeff

beachhead:
1st, I new here.

2nd, I'm also in the market for an HID light.

It's the first time I've heard of Salvo and Greenforce. I always thought that Halcyon was the only way to go for DIR light. I visited both sites. SALVO ain't that really cheap too. Where do I get prices for greenforce? The website says i could only call......Greenforce stuff look nice. Are they more pricy than Halcyon and Salvo???
None of the good ones are cheap.

Salvo is a lot cheaper than Halcyon, however.

CompuDude:
Pick up the Salvo 21w for nearly the same price you were going to pay for that Halcyon 10w light, and you'll be a VERY happy camper.

10w is great for caves, but gets kinda puny if you dive in low-vis open water. At least, by comparison to the 21w lights!

jtoorish:
Salvo and GreenForce...both are excellent.

I think the Salvo 21W HID is the best overall light around. However, it is heavy and a bit cumbersome.
I waited and saved for awhile and then purchased the Salvo 35W a little over six weeks ago and now have over 30 dives with it including use in Crete, Brockville, Lake Champlain, RI, Maine and Lake Winnipesaukee. I can not overstate how happy I have been that I saved up for it as even in the worst of visibility this baby shines!

Next stops include Dutch Harbor, Seward and Juneau, Alaska!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom