Do you support your troops

Supporting your TROOPS

• Do you support your troops and the Government (USA)

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Do you support your troops only (USA)

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Do you support your troops and the Government (Canada)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do you support your troops only (Canada)

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I do not support

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Vietnam Vets Against The War used to say to those who claimed to support 'our boys'......"we ARE the boys. Bring 'em home. Now.".

How about this follow up question...

If you support the troops, what does your support consist of?

The most ardent troop supporters I ever met during my 20+ years in the US military supported the troops by putting a stupid yellow ribbon magnet on the back on their cars. I never had so much as one troop in my command who ever asked that people have yellow ribbon magnets on their cars.

On the other hand, some of these troops are intensely lonesome for home, a bit scared (regardless of what they might say), and a personal connection with someone from home goes a long way to alleviating some of that. Some have family and friends who support them. Others don't. If you really want to support the troops, find someone like that and send them letters or email. If you aren't willing to do that little, then don't say you support the troops.

All of these options in the poll are "yes" answers. In my experience, a lot of people will answer "yes" but will do very little in actual support. Fortunately, there are a few people who do a lot to make up for it.

I support the US and Iraqi troops and wonderful Iraqi people who have it very bad right now and desperately want peace and freedom. I will always be thankful to the majority of Iraqis for their hospitality, incredible loyality (to JB) and endurance. People that can see the good in this terrible situation and smile in this heat, have my awe and respect. Morale of our troops is directly related to how much contact they have with the population.

collage13.jpg

I gotta agree with Pupdiver. Those stupid yellow ribbons make me sick. "Support" doesn't come by putting $2.00 magnet on your vehicle or wearing a rubber "Support our soldiers" bracelet.

I wound up "adopting" a squad of soldiers during their 12 month tour in Iraq. That consisted of emails and packages of stuff from home every two - three weeks for 10 men. And for the cynics out there, I'm not expecting praise or sainthood. It was the least *I* could do, it's the least any of us can do. It was an experience I'll never forget and for my "troubles", I wound up with the very best friend I've ever had.

"Feel free to discuss the support of the troops and how to best help (etc.)" we are firmly directed.

This seems to mean that the question is permitted to be interpreted only as: "do you want to help our boys, or do you refuse to do so?".

This is an hollow non-question. One real question that should have been included is "do you support the mission". A few people have answered that question with an affirmative reply. Most of these comments were allowed to remain. Those that answered this important question in the negative were deleted. I was informed, politely, that the "political" parts of my post were deleted. It seems nothing remained, because it all vanished.

The Logic Theorist:
He's right, you know. There's noplace for anyone to click "I do not support the troops or the war."

I tried to change the poll but I could not do it to add "I do not support" so if a member of the board can do it it would be great.

pupdiver:
How about this follow up question...

If you support the troops, what does your support consist of?

All of these options in the poll are "yes" answers. In my experience, a lot of people will answer "yes" but will do very little in actual support. Fortunately, there are a few people who do a lot to make up for it.

Just to add to this our part of the support is that my wife just signed a contract to go to Afghanistan for 3 year contract I know that not everybody support the troops the same way but this is the way we are doing it! If you look around you might realize that there are lots of people that do things in one way or an other to help our troops from letters to gift box.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A new option has been added to the poll at the original posters request.

Maybe the question should have read "other" instead of just Canada...

there are more than 2 nations on this earth..

z..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom