Munson Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

You guys have played nicely, for the most part, in this thread. Let's keep up the good work. I'll be happy to help out anyway I can.

Let me see if I remember the Munson now> A dredge barge that is sunk down oh what? 120ft and a few 100 YARDS from shore. Yeah I think a diver with some real go-nads can do it. Just remember the KPH (and not the wreck) is just down the lake a bit.

Hey I'm crazy and hardcore maybe I'll come join you????

GDI:
Let me see if I remember the Munson now> A dredge barge that is sunk down oh what? 120ft and a few 100 YARDS from shore. Yeah I think a diver with some real go-nads can do it. Just remember the KPH (and not the wreck) is just down the lake a bit.

Hey I'm crazy and hardcore maybe I'll come join you????

I'd be honored to go diving with you GDI!
I assume you meant to join me for the dive, not at the KPH? :rofl3:

DeepBound:
Hey I've been trying to get to the Kingston wrecks for 2 years now, this is the only way for me to get there. Maybe for others it's the difficult option. For still others, they prefer to do it as a scooter deco dive. that sounds like they're doing it dangerous just for the sake of being a tech dive.

Neil is there a reason why you won't take acharter to do these dives? Or is it the challange of trying to do a shore dive?:confused:

DeepBound:
I'd be honored to go diving with you GDI!
I assume you meant to join me for the dive, not at the KPH? :rofl3:

Sure and then we can hit Bon Echo Park and get some real depth:eyebrow:
(I'm in Ottawa a lot these days)

Butch103:
Neil is there a reason why you won't take acharter to do these dives? Or is it the challange of trying to do a shore dive?:confused:

I enjoy the planning and navigation involved in that kind of dive. If I thought it was dangeous I wouldn't do it, I feel very comfortable with it. Also it's exercize, which is more than I can say for sitting around for hours on a boat eating cookies between two short dives :wink: That dive to the munson got tedious on the way back though.

Also from what I understand the kingston dive boats don't allow solo diving, so when I don't have a buddy who wants to go freeze in Kingston, it's a choice between a shore dive or an insta-buddy. I'll take the safer option, thanks :wink:

***** Mod Post *****

Dear all, just a reminder to please play nice. SB has a wide scope of training and diving principles and a great place to exchange them so lets keep the communication friendly and helpful.

Many posts that are off topic and/or mean have been deleted. This is your notice that this has been done.

many thanks to all that have contributed in a postive way so far.... lets continue

cheers

***** Mod Post *****

OK Deepbound just a question here. In another thread you describe making this dive. And that it took you 200 minute runtime and I belioeve that you stated needing only 300 cu ft of gas. What was your dive plan showing the mixtures you used and your deco profile for this dive based on your SAC rate? I understand your average depth was fairly shallow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom