8 divers wanted for 3 year contract in Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeepSeaExplorer:
Actually, your second post just proves my point.

You want Thai/Philipino nationals because they're cheap. That's wrong on so many levels! So you give top pay, do ya'. What's that like $1.50 an hour?

Shared housing, AKA slums.

Your company has never done this type of work, and hasn't even defined the roles and responsibilities yet. When it doesn't work out, the new hires will be back to cleaning fuel storage tanks on 9 x 18 hour shifts, whatever that is. And, probably can't leave because they're trapped there on a 3 year contract.

This is nothing less than indentured survitude.

If someone post on this board he/or his cie does not need to be insulted if you have any facts state them and I am not saying earsay put it black on white true fact if not then get on with your life this board is not restricted anyone can post on it like I said "POST TRUE FACT OR MOVE ON" some people might be interested in this.

' neither can we pay a diver double the market rate." So just out of curiosity, what is "the market rate"? For a starting refrence point.

Sylvain - thanks for the support

Deep Sea - I don't make the rules .....salaries for Thais, Phlipinos, Indians, etc are less in the middle east that International salaries. There is a reason - if you worked here, you would appreciate that. I have been here 20 years, I speak from experience. I am not racist, but I am a realist.

I think that your posts are not helping me, nor do they help the type of person that I am looking - for which this should represent a great opportunity for PADI certified divers to get some real dive time, earn a regular income and perhaps build into a career as a commercial diver. There are a lot of people that would appreciate this opportunity for them (might not be for you, but when you havea hobby/skill that can earn dollars and live in a poor environment, this can be an opportunity) - I am just looking for ways to get that message out there.

Peace ..if you want it!

Geez...good luck with this in Dubai. For aquaria in the US, there is a core staff augmented by volunteers, but I don't think you're going to get many locals volunteering over there.
It's not really considered "commercial diving" since it's just cleaning a big glass bowl from the inside. Commercial stuff would be working on the offshore rigs and trying not to get heatstroke in the °85F water.
Since you're a realist, get yourself a cadre of Indians and show them the ropes. You'll need a nucleus of 6 to 8 full timers and keep the rest part-time.
If your pay scale is remotely close to the going lowend rate, you'll do ok.

Leny Day, Ever read a book call Tom Sawyer? Tom got people to paint a fence by getting them to think it was fun. You just need to make Aquarium cleaning exclusive like don't call it cleaning call it Extreme Aquarium Dive experience. Then charge people to dive with two well paid dive masters/instructors and let them clean while they do it.

You would get a better group of applicants if you spelled out the terms of conditions. You have been pretty vague to date Which does not really give me a "warm and fuzzy" feeling

I am a divemaster with 17 years of diving under my belt. I will leave next week if the pay is right. Whats the starting pay for a divemaster/supervisor.

It sounds like slum conditions and a very poor salary. Otherwise, the OP wouldn't have such a hard time filling the positions.

Leny, since it's going to cost you $4500 to fill each position, why not just find locals and pay for their dive certifications?

Hemlon,

Great idea!

Leny,

6 x $4500 should just about cover expenses for a US instructor to teach your first wave of Smashing Aquariums divers! Let us know when you've got your gear and pool ready for training.

I was thinking that at $15000 Salary a instructor would come over for say a month contract.....and train say 10 people to OW certification. this will save you about 12k. and you get more people trained...pay them what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom