Advanced Open Water Course in or around Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrlevin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any suggestions for a good shop to do my open water course in or around Phuket in mid-August?

In August you will find cheap accommodation almost everywhere on Phuket, with most choice and most backpacker staying in Kata.

For a good shop: :D

Any suggestions on hotels? Also, can you tell me how much it would be to do an advanced open water course?

Nice place and affordable is Kata Minta, close to the beach. Directly on the beach is Kata Delight. But there are many more, lots of affordable bungalows.

Advanced Course will be around 10,000 Baht including 5 boat dives, certification, manual, etc.

jrlevin,

Well there you go, Stevenl runs a shop in Kata and Ringo, a frequent poster on this forum runs another shop in the same area, so plenty of choice.

Happy diving.

jrlevin:
Also need some cheap fun beach side digs.

Package rate per person US$ 313 including

* 3 Nights accommodation in Garden View Room
* Certication fee
* Diving logbook
* 2 Days boat dive with light breakfast & lunch on boat
* Full set of equipment: Regulator, BCD, wetsuit, fins, tanks, weight, belt, mask & snorkeling

http://www.marinadivers.com/phuket_marina_divers_package.shtml

I can thoroughly recommend a the Phuket Scuba Club - they have a shop in both Kata and Karon and are the most professional and friendliest dive club and shop I had the good fortune to come across whilst I was out there earlier this year and I have heard nothing but good reviews on their courses. Worth giving them a go first. They may also be able to give you info on accommodation too. :)

Have to agree with tjmarjoram, Phuket Scuba club would be a great place to look for all your needs. Lots of other great schools in the area but start with them first they will be very helpfull.

Package rate per person US$ 313 including

* 3 Nights accommodation in Garden View Room
* Certication fee
* Diving logbook
* 2 Days boat dive with light breakfast & lunch on boat
* Full set of equipment: Regulator, BCD, wetsuit, fins, tanks, weight, belt, mask & snorkeling

Phuket Marina Divers - 5 Star IDC Scuba Diving Centre Phuket

did anyone manage to book this package before? I tried but encountered errors. Email to them but no reply as yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom