anyone use it's a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so basically if I don't want to drive I should use it's a dive ..otherwise it's at least 3 miles ... I saw silent world checks in and then you drive another 3 miles to the docks??
I just want to see if I don't need the car in case my wife wants to go someplace

I've stayed at the Marriott and dived with It's a Dive on two occasions. I really like them--very nice people who want you to enjoy your dives. They go out of their way to accomodate divers and it is perfect if you're staying at the Marriott. I certainly would dive with them again.

Steve

metalmat:
so basically if I don't want to drive I should use it's a dive ..otherwise it's at least 3 miles ... I saw silent world checks in and then you drive another 3 miles to the docks??
I just want to see if I don't need the car in case my wife wants to go someplace
My vote is to use Jeff at HMS MInnow - he is located behinf the Holiday Inn - He leaves early - 7:30AM and is back by 11:30 giving you most of the day with a non diving spouse - you would probably need to drive or get dropped off and picked up

Jeff has a 26' Parker and takes a maximum of 6 divers and will go out with 2 - its a great operation

He does the shallow reefs ( and does a great job on the wrecks, which you should experience too - world class)

You have to weigh convenience - if all you want is a ride to Molassas or French and want to do just the shallow sites - whoever is close will get you there - I just can't can't "do" a crowded boat in the Keys, but if you think your wife might want the car before noon - I'd go with the operator where you are staying.

Have a good trip

wow !!all this info all these opinions.. I am so confused!!!!

I think I will go with silent world as so many of you hame advised now I got the big question We will be flying in to ft laud at 10:am we are going to then drive out to key west ..I know that it is 180 miles away ..so we are gonna stop a few times along the way , seeeing as we can't check in till 3 any way .... would love recomendations for lunch , snacks, maybe a drink , along the way since we will be in key west for 5 days and then key largo for 5 we would love ideas on the other islands while passing through..... well also the ones we are staying on Thankx M@

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom