I want to butt out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Purge

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's time for me to knuckle down and stop smoking! I've tried many time before, and it goes pretty good; then I go back to work and the cravings get out of hand.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the cravings?

Nicorette Gum worked for me. Like hitting the easy button.

Dave

Cold Turkey and will power. If the patch works then so be it. But my own experiacne was that the patch was too much of a crutch ( same with the nicotine gum). After about 3 weeks things got very easy. It was a hell of a three weeks though. I also switched brands to something that tasted like dirt just before stopping completely.

It has been nearly 9 years and the only thing that gives me the smallest of cravings is the stop smoking commercials. Go figure...

Good luck, find what works and stick to it...

I cut back and cut back....then if I wanted one, I'd tell myself to wait 10 minutes. Before I knew it, an hour had passed. Then one day I didn't smoke at all. After that it was easy.

There is a new drug called chantix worked for me

I've thought about trying the patch. But I figured that would just help with the physical dependency. What about the mental addiction?

Charles R:
There is a new drug called chantix worked for me
So many people I work with(at least 30+) have used this and they have all been able to quit. They love it, says best thing they ever did!! This seems to be the miracle drug that is working almost 100%.

Chewing gum or lollipops seems to be a classic..
Still have "something to do" when you where supposed to be smoking that might get your focus off the mental part..

Back
Top Bottom