Night Beach Dive, South Broward, Thursday August 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then you didn't swim out far enough. There are incredible ledges all along our coastline and I used to dive Sheridan Street frequently, many years ago when there was a big free parking lot and not that humongous condo. Johnson Street has lots of interesting features but again, you need to swim out far enough.

And sorry to say that because I didn't get any commitments from anyone, I won't be doing tonight's dive. I'll be way far from home and offline this afternoon. If anyone else wants to pick it up and do it...have fun and catch lots of bugs!!!

I hit Johnson this morning, and it was just OK. No bugs at all, and the vis went from ok to crappy really fast. All in all a pretty boring dive. I think Johnson has been getting hit pretty hard recently. The reef is not as pretty as it used to be.

JHO007:
I hit Johnson this morning, and it was just OK. No bugs at all, and the vis went from ok to crappy really fast. All in all a pretty boring dive. I think Johnson has been getting hit pretty hard recently. The reef is not as pretty as it used to be.
that is the way all the reefs are. The polution from all the inlets are trashing the reefs to the point of no return.enjoy them while we have them.

23angler:
that is the way all the reefs are. The polution from all the inlets are trashing the reefs to the point of no return.enjoy them while we have them.

That is far from true. I know several reefs that are super pristine that are swimming distance from shore. I will agree that there is a lot of bad stuff coming out of the inlets, but the reefs are getting beat up alot by divers too. Not saying anyone here is, but there are a lot of new divers that dont know any better.

Mini-season is a major reason for a lot of the damage too. Lots of weekend warriors going out and beating stuff up to grab lobsters.

All I know is that there will be very few people that I share my locations with. I know no location is completely secret, but not everyone will be on them.

JHO007:
I know several reefs that are super pristine that are swimming distance from shore.

I hope you will invite me along next time you go...I've been beach diving off Broward since 1982 and I am always up for experiencing new spots!

I have seen some INCREDIBLE reefs right off our beaches as long as someone is fit enough to swim a few hundred yards with full gear. The further you swim, the more beautiful they are. I started kayak diving this summer and there are unbelievably beautiful reefs just a ten minute paddle from the beach!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom