Lauderdale by the Sea Dive: Saturday August 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SavannahDiveCouple

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We are planning a beach dive Saturday August 18th and wondered if there's anyone
that's had some experience at that location that would either care to join us or give some pointers.

I'll be there Saturday morning. I'm not sure if I'm diving off of Datura or Hibiscus. My choice is Hibiscus. If you see a red kayak and a yellow kayak... that will be us. We're planning on getting there around 8AM.

I'll be diving there Sunday...I have a class going. We'll be staying at the Beach Apartments/Motel on El Mar Dr.

Are we talking about this Saturday or next? I will be there this Saturday morning and maybe next (it is August after all) around 8:30. I would be glad to answer any questions if I can, and give you some pointers. (I've been doing beach dives in the area for about 10 years.) I would invite you to go along, but I have a dive plan that probably wouldn't be appropriate. I'll be driving a black truck.

DeepSeaExplorer:
Are we talking about this Saturday or next? I will be there this Saturday morning and maybe next (it is August after all) around 8:30. I would be glad to answer any questions if I can, and give you some pointers. (I've been doing beach dives in the area for about 10 years.) I would invite you to go along, but I have a dive plan that probably wouldn't be appropriate. I'll be driving a black truck.
Hey Patrick,

I'll be there tomorrow morning too, earlier than you though... we may be in the water before you get there. Gotta love that sunrise dive. I have a green Toyota Paseo.

tltracy:
Hey Patrick,

I'll be there tomorrow morning too, earlier than you though... we may be in the water before you get there. Gotta love that sunrise dive. I have a green Toyota Paseo.

Great, maybe I'll see you there. It's a 50 minute drive for me so I don't think I'll be seeing the sunrise over the water. I generally find that if I don't get there 8:30ish all the good parking will be gone. So as long as I get there early enough to get a good spot, I'm happy.

DeepSeaExplorer:
Great, maybe I'll see you there. It's a 50 minute drive for me so I don't think I'll be seeing the sunrise over the water. I generally find that if I don't get there 8:30ish all the good parking will be gone. So as long as I get there early enough to get a good spot, I'm happy.
I hear ya... see ya tomorrow (maybe!!) :D

I won't dive till 12:30...I get "special" parking

We are going Saturday Aug 18th. We were thinking of coming around 10am...but we're noticing a lot of people are getting there earlier. Is it better to dive there earlier?? We'd love to get a report from anyone that dives this weekend or tips from anyone that's done it before. What's a good dive shop in the area and what's a good back up plan if conditions are not good for a shore dive?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom