SC divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't live in SC (anymore), but Lake Jocassee is my "local" dive site. I also work part-time at Bermuda Triangle in Greenville.

I'm always up for some local diving and I'm certainly willing to help out newer divers or folks that need a buddy. I love diving the Graveyard on Jocassee (the vis was great on Sunday) and I have yet to make it to the Pumphouse on Keowee.

Hello SC,
I live in Beaufort and dive whenever conditions look favorable. Mostly hit nearshore wrecks with pole or spear during warmer months and search for teeth and other buried treasures during the winter. The only problem around here is no dive shops/air compressor. If anyone is in town and wants to get together send me an email.

Graham

My name is Chris. I'm from Taylors. I am an Assistant Instructor with Bermuda Triangle. I have been diving all off the SC coast, NC coast, South Florida, Florida Springs, Florida Keys, Marquesas, Tortugas, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Playa Del Carmen, Cancun, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and the Pacific side of Costa Rica. I am going to dive the Atocha (treasure huntinga) in Key West this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I love to dive and travel to dive. I usually only go to the lake to teach, but still go for fun at times. I would love to find some new dive buddy's to take trips with. I spearfish, fossil hunt and love underwater photography. If you see the big guy with the shaved head at the lake, say hello or just get in touch through this board. Hey Jeff, long time no see, give me a call.

Hey Graham, how was your trip? We have to make a run out the Snapper, they are pulling huge lobster out there.

-Michael

Mike it was a good visit to the left coast. I didn't have time to jump in out there. I tried to find some gps numbers yesterday to 2 boats that sunk during the BMI kingfish tourn with no luck. I was hoping to so a SAR dive on the fishing equip. Yeah, lets set that up. I ordered new bands for speargun I'm ready. Can't wait to see your new boat. DId you complete tech1 yet? We were planning to dive 6HI on Sunday but got blown out. They dumped a bunch more stuff 4 tanks, tugboat, some other junk. Still need to rescue lost weight pouch. Last week I did get my tanks filled though. Saving for larger nitrox tanks now. Give me a shout if you want to try for this weekend.

Man that stinks you didn't get to get wet out there. I hear the diving is good. Tech 1 is set up for first week of October, so the pain and suffering has yet to arrive...

I wouldn't mind picking up so new fishing gear myself, I have been fishing almost everyday now...practicing for next year give me a call if you can get a weekday off I will probably be going out.

The seas were so calm, if I had my dive gear I would have jumped in today. The water looked incredibly clear as well.

Let me know if your planning anything...

-Michael

sandmanz32:
SC divers, introduce your self. ill start, name is jamie, and im in taylors sc. normally dive n jocassee and keowee. i've been divng almost a year. theres a thread in the florida forum about diving with new divers. thought it'd be a good idea to put one up in this forum as well. if anyone wants to dive, or set up a local trip to dive IE: williamton, moorehead city, or even the lake, we can do it here or through PM's

I am originally from SC (near Lexington), currently living in Evans across the GA line. But I dive Clark Hill/Lake Thurmond and the Savannah River from the SC side regularly. Both the river and lake vis has been good lately (do a search of my post for reports and dive locations).

Hi, my name is Annie. I live in Charleston and am completing my Advanced certification this month. This past weekend 8/18 I dove for the first time offshore Charleston in ~100 ft of water on two wrecks with Charleston SCUBA. It was a perfect day for the 30 mile treck offshore. A great day was had by all.

My boyfriend and I are trying to get a few "regulars" together to try diving off our own boat but we haven't completed our swim platform transformation yet. I've heard that there are some decent sites to dive here as close as 12 miles off.

hi..
my name is Nicholas(nick)..i live in Norway SC..
i normally dive anywhere i can..haha.. i do not have a set area..
just anywhere i can get my brother to join me..
last few times have been at Clarks Hill and we used to hit Lake Murray up a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom