Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
i believe it will only be sucessful if it turns lurkers to actual sales

i suspect at dema/expos it will result in alot of menfolk hoping to get a poster or a pic with the lovely lady but doubt the average cyber perver will buy the unit

AlmityWife, if you were my almitywife then I would only have eyes for you.

As to whether the ad was successful, I think it depends on where the target market is. So far, Thal's views resonate with me, concerning the ad. But since NetDoc explained his views, I can see where he is coming from. And there is something to be said for KISS paying and us playing.

nereas:
AlmityWife, if you were my almitywife then I would only have eyes for you.

As to whether the ad was successful, I think it depends on where the target market is. So far, Thal's views resonate with me, concerning the ad. But since NetDoc explained his views, I can see where he is coming from. And there is something to be said for KISS paying and us playing.
If you lay down with dogs, your will get up with fleas. Alternatively: Proverbs 13:20 or Proverbs 14:7 will do for this situation.

Thalassamania:
If you lay down with dogs, your will get up with fleas. Alternatively: Proverbs 13:20 or Proverbs 14:7 will do for this situation.
How true! If you associate with elitists who want to keep diving dark and dour, don't be surprised if your joy of diving has been robbed. I would rather associate with the happy people who don't associate competence to dive with how a person looks.

BTW, personally, I would never call this or any other lady a dog. AND to insinuate that she has fleas is beyond the pale. :D I am sure her grooming standards exceeds ours.

Why do we make assumptions regarding someone from a picture, especially one used in an ad? I don't know the lady in the picture. So she's had breast augmentation so what! This is just another ad meant to catch out attention which it did.

Of course an advertiser does count on people making assumptions about the people in ads. They almost always use attractive people not only to catch our eye but to make us think that if we use the product we would then have an association with the attractive person or the product would make us attractive.

Me I'm secure in my own body. When I was younger I ried to transfer my consciouness into another and found out I couldn't do it. :( So I'm stuck with the one I got. :shakehead: Hey but at least it's mine.

Bethjd:
...So she's had breast augmentation so what! This is just another ad meant to catch out attention which it did....

Sounds pretty snide.

Let's focus on a happy female student with tec gear.

Suggest leaving the snide, bullying, condescending keyboarding in the wastebasket.

Post what you would actually say to the woman instead of typing chortling insults.

:coffee:

I don't see anything snide, bullying, or condescending in her post, she's just pointing out that why should it matter one way, or another if she had?

But .. you can find plenty of other posts in this thread that are ..

nereas:
I am male, and even I find it repulsive. I worry that whenever it flashes on my computer at work that I am at risk for a sexual harassment charge for a hostile environment.

I'm so glad I'm not where you're from (wherever that is).

nereas:
If she had worn a wetsuit or drysuit, I most likely would have been attracted by her coy smile, and transferred that attraction to the KISS, which is what the ad agency surely intended.

Lol. You need to get out more - not everyone dives in a wetsuit or drysuit you know... plenty of places in the world where the water is warm enough to warrant neither.

With a kiss rebreather, you might even might one of these type of creatures underwater.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=198782

the ad is superb look at all people who spread it around some with breast envy, some who appreciate breasts, and some who just think it's really stupid to waste time on it when there are other important.....kudos to the ad company nice job, you hooked a lot of sucker fish...

I find it rather odd that the OP is ready to hunt & eat whales, but finds offense in an ad where someone is well endowed and enjoying her/their rebreather?

The ad doesn't bother me at all. Would I run an ad like that? Probably not, but I am not above examining the market and designing an ad best suited to reach the viewers and potential customers.

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom