Dir Dive Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLDVR

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, Ive spent most of my week off doing some great diving here in South Fl.
All dives were with Gue trained Dir teams! We are getting a pretty good stock of like minded divers around here.

All dives had extended bottom times and depths in the Tech 1 range.

Sat. We dove the Dantor and Jim Atria south of Pompano. These wrecks have some good penetration but the real action is the marine life surrounding these wrecks, the Jim Atria especially had tons and tons of baitfish with large hungry Jack lurking around the periphery waiting for a snack.

Sun. We dove the Miller lite and Jim Atria again. The Miller lite has fun penetration and some good growth coming in. The Jim Atria was good enough to do again.

Monday we dove the Rodeo 25 with Avid Divers and Capt. Oliver, we had a great time inside the wreck and a heck of a fish show on the outside.

Wed. Spiegel Grove and the Duane with Blue water divers of Key Largo. We did some killer penetration dives in the Grove and mostly looked at big fish and toured the Duane. All in all its always a stunning dive.

The weeks not over yet, may some more T-1 or a few Blue heron Bridge dives on the horizon.

In a nut shell its a great experience to be able to dive with like minded divers:D It made the Golden rule of Dir (Fun) worth every minute that I spent training for it.
Henry

Dive trip reports on the ScubaBoard DIR forum! Who woulda thunk it?

Good stuff, Henry. Thanks for the timely reminder that all the bloviating online over banal minutiae, while it has its use, isn't that important... because it's all pretty useless if you're not getting out diving.

DIR is many things, but when the debates get all hot under the collar it's easy to forget the sheer, unadulterated fun to be had in not just diving, but diving well, as a team. Which means that this forum can, sometimes, get a little dull and po-faced. But I'm just a lurker in this forum, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

So I don't know about everyone else, but I'd like to see more DIR dive reports here just to leaven the forum with a bit more joy. And if the reports were to include some honest and forthright assessments of lessons learned (after all, how often do we have a 100% perfect dive?), all the better.

Oh, and pictures... gotta have pictures. :D

~Jeremy

Anybody doing Silent World's Wreckfest?
I'd like a report from the Seminars as well, wondering if GUE is considering teaching a Wreck Penetration Course. . .

FLDVR, I really know what you mean! I did a couple of fun dives with the Tenn. DIR crowd recently and it was absolutely great. Diving with a team where everyone's "100% on the same page" is just something that has to be expierienced in order to truely appreciate it.

Funny that people think we don't have any fun. Good grief - that's the whole reason I dive. Even practice/training days are fun! I had a killer trip to the Mexico caves in July, and I am working on another FL cave trip for the fall months.

For those interested in Cayman, I understand that Bob Sherwood is setting up another "GUE Cayman Quest" for 2008 - a week in April I think. I've heard nothing but great things about it, and I am considering going on that one myself.

Oh, foo, it WOULD be in April :(

I've thought ever since I saw the pictures, that attending one of those would be a blast. But I'm signed up for Cave 1 in April, and that's all the time off I'll have.

We haven't had trip reports in the DIR forum, because Uncle Pug didn't think they belonged there and moved them (since they were not requests for information about DIR procedures). As far as I'm concerned, they're a GREAT thing to have in "our" forum!

GUEdiver:
I am working on another FL cave trip for the fall months.

When we going! :D

We'll be back down Thanksgiving. Trying to decide on High Springs or Marrianna - tough one.

My team is thinking Marianna - we've been in the main spring, but not Hole or Twin. Heard great things about them. Thanksgiving won't work for us though, my family plans are solid and I can't skip out.

MBH:
I did a couple of fun dives with the Tenn. DIR crowd recently and it was absolutely great. Diving with a team where everyone's "100% on the same page" is just something that has to be expierienced in order to truely appreciate it.

Yeah, that was a great time. It's always great to get out there and just dive for fun with like-minded divers.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom