poll: drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my tri-lam Whites Catalyst with the soft sole feet for drying. I turn it inside out and wipe it with a towel and it's good to go. (It gets damp from persperation not leaking).
My old suits, Whites neoprene and later a crushed neoprene had molded boots, a more comfortable fit, but any moisture would eventually find it's way to the feet, and the boot took a while to dry. That being said, my favorite suit was the crushed neoprene suit, pros: warmer, less underwear, more comfortable feet. Cons: needed at least 10lbs more weight, heavier all round, less flexibility on the surface. Why did I get rid of it? it was stolen! May a thousand sea urchins smeared with stinging jellyfish infest the underwear of the individual who stole my suit.
I am happy with the Whites tri-lam though. I've owned 5 dry suits in my time underwater, mostly Whites.

More expensive to buy, more expensive for zipper repair. Fit can't be quite as streamlined as backzip.

zipper squeese is not so nice on the nipples .

i won an O3 dry suit 2 weeks ago .:D iv done 7 dives in it . and even better than my northern diver . fantastic suit also as i said . very happy with both and as i only bought my other suit at the stsrt of the year iv 2 new suits .

what to do . will i start a new tread . :confused:

look right in your own back yard for a new suit. lantzville bc is home to the sea tux dry suit. i personally have used the gator tech neoprene material for my sea urchin diving here on the east coast with great sucess. i put on over 700 dives a year on it year round. in some of the coldest times of year. id go with a custom fit, relief zipper and custom knee pads. i get about 3 years out my suits and i use em hard.

I'm loving my Whites Catalyst. Very comfortable off the shelf fit (for me). It seems to be quite durable and well constructed. Sometimes I have difficulties zipping myself up (or at least starting to zip myself up) but that's what reminds me to USE WAX. :wink: I'm still under 50 dives on the suit so only time will tell if I have the same impression after hundreds of dives.

I use trilam + argon + thick woolies (not really made of wool).

I have front entry.

My boots are attached.

My seals are Latex not neoprene.

My wrist seals are detachable and easy to replace. I bring an extra pair with me in my save-a-dive kit.

Neck seals, zippers, and boots should be replaced together every few years, at least every 5, to ensure their proper performance.

This has all worked well for me, and so this is what I recommend.

I use trilam + argon + thick woolies (not really made of wool).

I have front entry.

My boots are attached.

My seals are Latex not neoprene.

My wrist seals are detachable and easy to replace. I bring an extra pair with me in my save-a-dive kit.

Neck seals, zippers, and boots should be replaced together every few years, at least every 5, to ensure their proper performance.

This has all worked well for me, and so this is what I recommend.
I'm right with you except, shoulder zip is fine ... I can zip it myself, my neck seal and dry hood are detachable and easy to replace, I carry spares in my save-a-dive kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom