Belize, what is the diving like ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is great to hear Celeus. I really liked Cocoview and if Belize is similar with much more fish, this should be a great liveaboard.

I've heard good things about the other side of Roatan, but the dive freedom and house reef at Cocoview will probably keep me there on return trips. Shooting video or photo changes how you dive and what you look for in a dive operator and/or dive destination.

Been there twice (2005 and 2006) on the Nekton boat. Excellent week of diving. As already mentioned it's virtually all wall diving but there is some variety in terms of wall structure. Some great swim-thru's. Didn't spend too much time deep on the walls --- too much to see/photograph at wall's edge and above.

Enjoy Belize. Wonder if the recents storms will have had an impact ???

The rinse tanks, photo tables and general photo support on the Peter Hughes boat were very nice, and the Captain for the trip I was on is an avid photographer who had lots of good ideas of where to get great shots and what to look for at upcoming sites. For example, he gave people lots of information that helped them decide whether to shoot macro or wide-angle on a particular dive.

But, for spending quality time with a subject, it's hard to beat CocoView/Newmans wall- 80 minute dives that you know you will see again tomorrow so there is nothing saying "but what will I miss if I spend some more time on this".

Have fun! I'm looking forward to seeing your shots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom