Bare XCD2 Tech Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the info. I think I might see what I can get for the Pro, I think I will go with the boots integrated (I have pretty little, wide feet), and no suspenders. I was guaranteed fit, so if the boots don't work I can send it back. Any more info would be great, so keep it coming.

Sly

Thanks for all the info. I think I might see what I can get for the Pro, I think I will go with the boots integrated (I have pretty little, wide feet), and no suspenders. I was guaranteed fit, so if the boots don't work I can send it back. Any more info would be great, so keep it coming.

Sly

Just one man's opinion here but don't bother with that little velcro flap pocket (slate pocket or whatever they call it). Just get 2 zippered bellows pockets. They are much more useful.

To augment my prior comment (on the releaf zipper), with any drysuit most of the cost of that suit is likely with the zipper. In fact, the zipper is pretty much the key component to all drysuits - when they fail, the suit doesn't do you much good. Proper care and feeding (waxing) of your zipper is an absolute must - to protect your investment.

Having said that, most conclude that adding a second zipper (releaf) to a dry suit is just asking for more trouble. Maybe so. The releaf zipper won't help you much under water. Having a back zipper and no releaf zipper doesn't help you out of the water either - if nobody's there to assist. I find what I love most about the releaf zipper is that when I just get out of the water and am taking off my gear, I can "burp" the suit by opening the releaf zipper and getting some freash cool air flowing right away. I may opt to add a p-valve anyway (for those underwater comforts) and feel the releaf zipper could help with those last minute attachements (hose/catheter), too.

I forgot to mention pockets. The XCD2 comes with one pocket, which is pretty streamlined. You may want to opt for a second pocket (one for each side) and can also opt for a larger (cargo) pocket if you'd like. Otherwise, they're only good for holding small things during or between dives.

Bare also offers their cuff rings. These make for quick changes of (latex) seals, which can be handy, or allow for the use of their dry gloves. With the dry gloves, the wrist seal stays in place, so cutting/ripping a finger doesn't result in suit flooding. That's the good part. Not sure how these compare with the DUI zip rings, since I've never tried one. When diving warmer water, or when using standard wetsuit type gloves, the cuff rings can be a pain to deal with (you have to find a really short glove length without the velcro cuff wrap) when trying to stuff that extra cuff up under the ring. Between dives, those rings can bang against your hands and cause some pain, too. So if you plan to dive a lot of really cold water, or plan to get in and out of the suit frequently (wearing out the wrist seals) then the rings may be useful. Otherwise, be aware that they can be a literal pain in the wrist.

I should also go on the record and say that Bare's undergarments suck like none other. Yes, they are warm but if you can get a different one, do it. I would give you mine but I don't know you well enough to do something that mean.

Strange.. I have a Bare CT200 undergarment and its the best one that I have owned and fits me perfectly.. What dont you like about yours?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom