Scubapro G250 V now in US site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of the older regs were really great performers. I have a Sherwood Oasis + (circa 1980's) that is bullet proof and a great breathing reg. Heavy duty , American made, good stuff. I haven't found the more recent incarnations of the Oasis to be as good.
Sherwood is one the oldest if not the oldest reg manufaturer around and I have noticed when working on some of the older Sherwood regs that they breathe very good - far better than they have any right to breathe given the otherwise average downstream unbalanced design. I suspect they were just well made and squeezed every bit of potential out of the design.

Maybe the vintage thing is a good idea, IF THEY USE THE ORIGINAL PARTS AND/OR DESIGN.
Regulator performance has not significnatly improved over the last 25-30 years. Most "new" developments have centered around plastic cases and similar changes in materials to cut production costs and unfortunately this has often meant a slight decrease in performance. And the European Norm free flow resistance requirement that serves mostly to detune second stages has further added insult to injury.

So in essence much of the "vintage" appeal in some regs is that the regs of the era were of much higher quality and were designed to last a diver for his or her entire career. No cheap plastic and no designed obsolesence.

If manufacturers build the quality back into vintage designs I suspect they will sell very well and that people would in fact probably pay a bit more for them.

Id like to see a resurgence of the metal casings as well ....can you imagine a metal S600....now that would be a real divers reg....as durable and shock resistant as the BA and all of the max flow engineering of the S600....I guess SP would retail the 2nd stage alone for about $1000 give or take

Curiously the Mk19 seems to have disappeared from the revised British site...

The URL you cite appears to be the old UK site - the only one of the old form scubapro sites that mentioned the Mk19 - rather bizarre that it is still accessible...

Goto: www.scubapro.com - this base site should afford the option to select region, if it does not then select Change Region.

Select Europe. English. High Bandwidth. and you arrive at what I presume to be the new UK site....

Select Regulators and the mk19 is noticeably absent.

LDS spoke with Scubapro North America today...apparently the Mk19 will NOT be coming to the US.

Some bizarre rational that "the US already has a tech solution from scubapro"

Curiously, it will be available in the UK and the UK alone - puzzles me that I've seen it on dutch websites...of course they may be grey versions...

Further the G250V is at least a couple of months away from being available...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom