Swimmer's Ear ache-->medicine-->how long wait?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justwander

Contributor
Reaction score
live in NYC, but am often home in Newport, RI
# of dives
50 - 99
So, on Monday my ear bothered me.
I went to the doc immediately who gave me medicine and said i had Otitis Externa or swimmer's ear. I asked if I could dive again and he said he wasn't 100% sure, but to ask my dive instructor. I don't have one.... does anyone have any input? how long do i have to wait before diving again.

It will probably clear up in less than a week, next time you go diving go to the drug store and pick up a bottle of ear drops that prevents swimmers ear, you put a couple drops in each ear before and after diving, I actually have a homemade recipe that works well for me and I and all my dive buddies have not had any more cases of swimmers ear,it just a mixture of 50% alcohol and 50% white vinegar,try it might work for you.

Justwander,

That's great news, proof positive that you are spending some real time in the water!

Seriously, my doctor said I was fine to dive while I treated my case in 2004. If you are not in pain when you try equalizing I'd dive.

Here's the scoop of avoiding the problem in the future.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom