Greetings from Lake Norfork Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's see....

Out to the Gulf, then WNW for a day and a night. Up to the Grande Isle, around and up to the Mississippi Delta (stopping, of course, for a big bowl of Cajun gumbo and listen to the blues!). Take on a river pilot to guide through the Delta and into the river channel proper. No bypass canal for me! Drop off the pilot in New Orleans and pick up some coffee and bingets. The jazz in Jackson Square will have to wait for the trip back. Now up the river past the refineries, the once mighty plantations and under grand bridges spanning the Big Muddy. Pass hundreds of miles of levees and bluffs, forests and farmland. Small towns dot the shore while the whistle blasts warn of seamingly endless barge tows of corn and coal.

Finally, turn into the White River and take a slow meandering course through the hills 'til we finally arrive at Lake Norfork. Now, how the heck do we get over that dam?:11:

Did I ever mention I once thought of being a writer? :D :rofl3:

Welcome to the board!

Here are some tips to make your time at Scubaboard a fantastic experience:

1. Fill out your profile. This lets us get to know you! Who knows, maybe there are others out there who share your love of underwater basket weaving!

2. Check out the forum on Scubaboard that is specific to your geographical location.

3. Don't hesitate to ask any dive-related questions you may have. There WILL be someone here who knows the answer. There also may be people who are sarcastic or attempt to make you feel silly for asking questions. Keep in mind that Scubaboard is like a salad bar. Take what you like and leave the rest!

4. When available, really get involved IN PERSON. Several of us regularly attend local functions where we dive and dine together. It really does enhance your Scubaboard experience!

Welcome!

Hey.. . I'm new to the board myself. Actually, this is my first post. I do all my diving in bull shoals but I'm hoping to dive Norfork next summer. Did you say underwater buildings.. . . And we got all excited about finding old foundations.

Bobby

Becky, you need to ring your brother up and tell him his thread is full of questions :D

Hi everyone,
Thank you for the kind words and the warm welcome. I have not dived on any of the old buildings as I am a new diver. My understanding is that they are under the hwy 62 bridge. There is an old road bed, a church and other remains. I was told that there is a guide line at the 3rd bridge pier. Some are deep dives depending on lake levels. Here is a couple of links that may give you a better idea. Norfork Lake, Baxter County, Arkansas for all outdoor enthusiasts Lake Norfork Dive Sites ~ Mountain Home, Arkansas There are so many sites to explore I can't wait to get started. I will ask around a post more info. I am sure some scuba board members from this area can also shed some more light.
Take Care All,
Mike

Mike, welcome to the board- I get on here all the time, but mostly a lot of reading.... good to see another Arkansas-er on.... we have dived Norfork, from Jordan Marina. Where is that from where you are? We dove a few of the sites they have and had a blast. The vis wasn't that great the day we went- was extremely windy and during the hot drought we were having. Plan on going back though. We'll definitely have to check your resort out. We love fishing, too!

Let's see....

Out to the Gulf, then WNW for a day and a night. Up to the Grande Isle, around and up to the Mississippi Delta (stopping, of course, for a big bowl of Cajun gumbo and listen to the blues!). Take on a river pilot to guide through the Delta and into the river channel proper. No bypass canal for me! Drop off the pilot in New Orleans and pick up some coffee and bingets. The jazz in Jackson Square will have to wait for the trip back. Now up the river past the refineries, the once mighty plantations and under grand bridges spanning the Big Muddy. Pass hundreds of miles of levees and bluffs, forests and farmland. Small towns dot the shore while the whistle blasts warn of seamingly endless barge tows of corn and coal.

Finally, turn into the White River and take a slow meandering course through the hills 'til we finally arrive at Lake Norfork. Now, how the heck do we get over that dam?:11:

Did I ever mention I once thought of being a writer? :D :rofl3:

Hey I want to go:D and I got an idea we could call ahead of time and have them open the dam just as we get there and flush us in:rofl3: But then how do we get out
eek.gif
somebody else has to figure that one out. I got us in:rofl3:
:lotsalove:

Back
Top Bottom