Sony TRV900/Navigator combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depth Gauge

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all,

I've got a new/used Sony TRV900 coming in the mail and have my eye on the Amphibico Navigator to pair with it. Anyone ever used this set up? Pros/cons?

Many thanks,

Jason

You may want to check out the forum at VideoUniversity UW forum. I've seen people with that combo on that forum. Also check out Yahoo UW video.

It's a manual controlled housing and I prefer electronic controls for the convenience of having it all at your fingertip. So I would recommend to get the optional electronic control grip.
Since you only mention the Navigator housing I assume you have looked at the other major housings: Ikelite, Gates, USVH, Ocean Images, L&M and found the Navigator housing to fit your needs the best.

Before I bought my camcorder and housing I had my eyes on a used TRV900&housing but the thought of paying that kind of money for a piece of used electronics out of warranty that had spent a lot of time in a hot, humid and salty environment was just too much... It's an excellent choice though!

/Mike
DiverGuy.com

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the tips. A friend of mine is a professional videographer and he's tipping me in the direction of the Navigator. I know, it's pricey! I actually got the TRV900 from someone who had only used it twice above water and thought I would buy the Navigator new.

Regards,

Jason

Back
Top Bottom