Small FLA Keys Dive Operation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We showed up about about 45 mins before they were supposed to depart only to find they weren't planning on making an afternoon run that day. Pat (aka divegodess) Called her crew in and took me my wife and kids out for a 2 tank dive that afternoon. The boat ran for 6 of us. I would go with them again.

My favorite small op in Key Largo is Island Reef Divers. Skip runs a six-pack that is fast, he's very flexible and knowledgable about the various sites and which sites are best given tides, currents, weather, etc. He can arrange for a guide. He also has the best prices from the shopping I've done.

I heard great comments about Tavernier Dive Center, and went in there last summer to possibly book some dives. The staff in the office did not seem very friendly or helpful, and basically made it clear that they were going where they wanted to -- not me! I also looked around their shop and saw their boat come in -- with about 12 divers on it and looking a bit cramped. So, while I haven't dove with this op, I thought I'd offer a different point of view than the rave reviews I see posted here.

Scuba legs

The number of positive recommendations for BW Divers is pretty impressive!

I'm pretty interested in checking them out later this summer. Does anyone know how the accomodations are around there? I'm looking for something simple and no-frills.

Also, how much do they typically charge for a 2 or 3 tank day?

The Keys will be new to me so pardon my unfamilarity.

cheers
joseph

who else has lp-85's, if you want them.

They have tons of experience between them... probably 10000 or more dives (no, that's not a misprint).

Their boat is in great shape. They know what they are doing, no matter what kind of diving you want to do.

Nitrox available onsite, any mix you want.

I'll 2nd, 3rd, or whatever we are up to, divers city.

www.diverscityusa.com

get a prepaid 7-trip (14 tanks) card for 36.00/trip

u5agi,
Bluewater divers sits right between the Holiday inn & the Ramada Inn at Mile Marker 100 (thats how you give locations in the Keys )
The Best western is 1/2 mile up the road.
All are available over the net.

These all run in the $100/day range. There are cheaper hotels on the bay side, just do a google search on "key largo florida hotels"

As to rates, I suggest you PM keylargobrent who is the Instructor for Bluewater . He could tell you if they do any Multi-day discounts.

HarleyDiver,

Thanks for the information! I'll contact keylargobrent and see
if I can set something up for late August.

Looking forward to some warm water diving again... welcomed break from 15 ft viz in 50F water!

If you are going to Key Largo there is a dive operation called Conch Republic. They know where to go for what ever you are looking for. They are very professional and serious without jeopordizing your fun. You won't be diappointed. They are actually in Tavenier that is right in between Key Largo and Isal(never can remember how to spell it.) They are on the West side of the Keys. Once leaving Largo heading South you will be looking for Tavenier, you will cross a bridge either just before or just after entering Tavenier, at the bottom of the bridge you will turn right and make a u turn which will take you directly to them. About 100 yards. When you are on the bridge you will see their flag and the boats. I believe they are on the web.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom