DUI Dog Days @ Mermet Springs this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm considering going. Waiting for a buddy or two to twist my arm...

Does DUI guarantee that all 10000 participants trying drysuits will not, under any circumstances, silt out the playground? (j/k :p)

It sounds really fun, hopefully a good chance to network w/ more local divers and industry people. I'll let you know when I decide.

If I go I'm bringing hotdogs for the catfish and I'll have some way of securing my gear.

Someone needs to show me a spoonbill, I've never seen one and everyone else who goes there sees them (or so they say). Mehbe it's an elaborate trick to fool me, Ha!- I'm from the blow, errrrr, show-me state, so I'm not falling for it!!!! :eyebrow:

--fleep

I was going to head down! But after figuring in that it would cost me about $500 Bucks for the ride an motel's I just went an applied that money to MY NEW DUI CLX 450 with all the thermos an zip seals with gloves. Soory but I am kinda excited now. A 10 hour ride didnt thrill me any way.
Jeff

I was going to head down! But after figuring in that it would cost me about $500 Bucks for the ride an motel'sI just went an applied that money to MY NEW DUI CLX 450 with all the thermos an zip seals with gloves. Soory but I am kinda excited now. A 10 hour ride didnt thrill me any way.
Jeff

I figure it's only going to cost me about $200 so I though why not, it's a small price to pay in order to dive and compare all the suits. Plus, the wife has approved the trip so the money for it isn't coming out of "dry suit" fund.

Congrats on the new suit!

JeffBerry:

Congrats on the new suit. How about we cancel mermet and all head up to your place for some lake michigan diving!(j/k) I purchased my 1st DrySuit this summer and I'd really like to dive Lake Michigan ASAP-even an Ice Dive sounds neat. Do you dive the Great Lakes often?

I will be going to Mermet on Saturday with a buddy or two. Hope to arrive in the morning. Mehbe us SBoarders should try&hookup for lunch & a dive, just take a red sharpie and put a 'SB' on your forehead (or we could set a meeting time :p)

Since I don't know you yet, and I am a VERY MATURE person(lol), I will excercise restraint and resist any bad jokes about berries. Black, Straw OR Dingle....(keke)

.....I await the 'fleep' jokes now, don't worry I have thick skin
tongue.gif

Cyas Saturday,
Fleep

Someone needs to show me a spoonbill, I've never seen one and everyone else who goes there sees them (or so they say).

Here's two (very crappy) pics I took just this past Sunday. We saw 34 total. Water was fairly murky so most of my pics had a ton of back scatter.

If you want to make sure you see them, cruise the back wall at around 30'.

Jason

Attachments

• spoonbill.jpg
    spoonbill.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 48
  • spoonbill2.jpg
    spoonbill2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 49
Do you have proof these were taken at mermet?
How do I know you aren't part of the spoonbill conspiracy?
You must meet me on saturday and put a spoonbill in front of my face (or my face in front of a spoonbill). That's the show-me way.

Seriously, looks like you had some good viz for mermet, the second pic is an especially nice specimen. School of 30+ !#%&! Wish I coulda been there. We need to plant some PaddleFish @ Mine LaMotte. Who is in charge of the paddlefish :p

Hey there, my buddy and i will be there on Friday afternoon, so feel free to look us up :) And yes, the spoonbills are REAL!!! As are the giant hot-dog-eating catfish!

Seriously, looks like you had some good viz for mermet, the second pic is an especially nice specimen. School of 30+ !#%&! Wish I coulda been there. We need to plant some PaddleFish @ Mine LaMotte. Who is in charge of the paddlefish :p

The vis wasn't too bad at first. There were a bunch of classes there so the vis didn't last very long. First dive on Saturday the vis was probably 40 feet (no joke) below 50'. We went into the 727 and could see the entire length of it. Our second dive, however, wasn't as good. Vis was around 10' to 15' at best. We also did a third dive at night and the vis was horrible.

Our dive on Sunday wasn't much better, but at least on the back wall things cleared up a bit.

Unfortunately I can't make it over there for DUI Dog Days. Would love to though as I need to get a drysuit at some point soon. Diving at 95' in 46F water in a 7mm, well, it's cold. :D Actually, diving at 50' in a 7mm gets cold after awhile. :wink:

Jason

Back
Top Bottom