How the Weather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traciedee

Contributor
Reaction score
Hitting Roatan in one small week and getting pretty excited about diving. Just curious what the weather has been like and if the power is still going out on a daily basis. Also has anyone ever gone to BIBR for the pig roast and crab races on Sunday?

Thanks for the websites. My question about the power was just kind of wishful thinking.....

Thanks for the websites. My question about the power was just kind of wishful thinking.....
I've been to Roatan in 1995 and 2000. There was never any issues with power, then. Has something changed? I'm going back in about a month and am curious.

Island Power is streched to it's limit from all the development plus the usual problems.
Service has been very eratic for the past year and a half - Don't look for it to get better anytime soon.......

We started going to Roatan in 95 and from about 99 to 05 they were pretty reliable...
There equipment is getting old - the demand has quadrupled - etc.....

This is just one of the "Infustructure Problems" that is going to have to be delt with soon if the Island plans to continue to grow...........

Personally I hope they don't get it fixed and every body that came here "After Me" goes back home.................

That's just my opion - I could be wrong.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom