Why no PADI Data Base Access?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This has probably been discussed in the past but I couldn't find it:
I am sure there is a good reason but why isn't there computer access to our ID card information for PADI members if they lost their card?
I noticed my card is getting pretty beat up and needs to get replaced. Their website has a form to deal with that but I have nightmares of being at some resort and not being able to dive because my card was lost, stolen, misplaced, etc.
If the dive operator could access a data base (probably for a fee) and look up my student # I would be ok to dive otherwise I would be out of luck. Do dive operators turn a blind eye when a diver shows up without his/her card?:no:no

:confused: As long as they have internet access, they can already do this.

And its free for any PADI member to access!

Yup I've used it before to verify a students pre reqs.

Doesn't really need any more confirmation, but nevermind: Any PADI professional (DM or above) can check your credentials if you tell them your name (as it appeared on your (lost) card) and your birth date. Don't even need to memorize your number.

You can get a "lost card" replaced even if your card isn't lost. :eyebrow:

That way you can keep one in your log book and one in your wallet (or wherever).

John

Anyone have a link??

Only if your a PADI pro,
membersite/toolbox/divecheck.

If not.noway:D

Back
Top Bottom