Changing to dry clothes after a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well being that I am 21 and not very modest to begin with I may not be the best but I hang a towel over my car door and shut it (so people can't see through the other side, and disney has these gigantic beach towels that i put each side in the sides of my car door so think curtain over the window and a gigantic circle around the car door with either my husband or step daughter holding the outer circle up like a dressing room (thank god in our family we have 3 divers and a budding diver so i always have dressing room attendants lol

but for those who can't find a sombrero or loose the towels wrapped around various body parts, I have a cheap solution. Buy two very large beach towels of the same size and sew them together. Leave a hole the middle of the stitches on one of the narrow ends that is big enough to fit your head. Sew the long sides starting about six inches down from the top corner to leave space for your arms and only sew to about six inches from the bottom to allow for all that shimmying around inside. It's like a terry towel mumu that is inexpensive and requires little skill :D

NurseShark once bubbled...
but for those who can't find a sombrero or loose the towels wrapped around various body parts, I have a cheap solution. Buy two very large beach towels of the same size and sew them together. Leave a hole the middle of the stitches on one of the narrow ends that is big enough to fit your head. Sew the long sides starting about six inches down from the top corner to leave space for your arms and only sew to about six inches from the bottom to allow for all that shimmying around inside. It's like a terry towel mumu that is inexpensive and requires little skill :D

...or save some time, demonstrate some panache, and just buy a caftan:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2833715574&category=11617#DESC

Hi, there is a jacket sold through dive shops called a Warm Wind.
It ,'s outer shell is a nylon that goes down to or just past your knees with a double zipper in the front. It also has a nice hood with a string closure for warmth. The neet part is the liner, it's a kind of fleece and it was designed to wear over a wetsuit to maintain body heat between dives. Some people actually cut the pocket liners out so they can use them to reach through to change clothes. The water is wicked off really quickly so its not such a wet cover inside. Sports Chalet also has a version of their own at around 110 dollars or so. They also make an incredible rain coat as well as a neet overcoat for the snow with the fleece type of liner.
Dive Often.....stay warm

My next purchase is going to definately be some kind of dive parka to keep warm between dives. Will check out the Warm Wind you mentioned.

lol I guess this is one thing I don't have to worry about!!

Horray for drysuits :wink:

I have to say when I was sailing in wetsuits I never bothered about who saw me change, more a reflection on them for standing there staring if you ask me :eek:ut:

I made a changing bag about 5 years ago....don't use it anymore because I dive dry. But this is how it worked......

Go to the fabric store and purchase some terry or not see-through fabric and some elastic. Sew the fabric into a tube and make a wide stiched area at top and bottom to run the elastic through. Tight elastic for the neck........really loose elastic for the bottom.....joila' a changing bag. If you get heavy enough fabric you can use it to cover up with to warm up too.

Sounds like you need the very thing that I purchased in a dive catalog..... Not sure what it is called, but..... it is a very very large terry cloth like cover up..... Covers your entire body.... gives you space to change underneath, dry off etc... It is sold for that very reason too.... Look for it in just about any dive catalog or try looking on-line for dive apparel.... Good Luck! It is out there....

OHDiver once bubbled...
Sounds like you need the very thing that I purchased in a dive catalog..... Not sure what it is called, but..... it is a very very large terry cloth like cover up..... Covers your entire body.... gives you space to change underneath, dry off etc... It is sold for that very reason too.... Look for it in just about any dive catalog or try looking on-line for dive apparel.... Good Luck! It is out there....

You aren't by any chance referring to something like this?

Goeduck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom