mosquito or the pro nitrox?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanole

Reaction score
I am getting a computer. either the pro nitrox or the suunto musquito. I actually have the suunto already but my LDS said I could bring back if I wanted the pro nitrox instead. What I wanted to know is their much difference or they about the same, or is it just personal preference. thanks for ya'lls opinions.

I like the Pro Nitrox. The mosquito is a great back-up solution, but the Pro Nitrox is a better primary choice.

thanks Mario, I will prob. trade out to the Pro nitrox. The Pro nitrox is about 25.00 cheaper also.

I have the mosquitter and like it quite a bit. Have not used the Pro. I lean toward the tables and use the comp as a backup to them.

Tommy

Hi all

my advice for you if its not to late is to stick with the mosquito. It gives you all you need both underwater and in surface plus very important it works on RGBM which is currently the safest algorithm for decompression, as opposed to many other which work on modified Buhlman or other neo-Haldenian algo'.

You could use it in any kind of diving , Air, EANx and even Tech dives as bottom timer.

safe diving,

Danny

Danny's right.

All of suunto's newer computers use RGBM models, that are way safer than old fashioned model.

That plus, the mosquito is really really cool :wink:

As I am a new diver - I use the tables and a computer as a back-up too. I bought the Mosquito from Dive Inn in Spain and am very happy with it. Very easy to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom