Quick question about my old 1/2" valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishmunger

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an old 1/2" tapered valve that came off one of my steel 72's that didnt pass hydro. I acquired another old steel 72 and I want to put this valve on it, because the valve is literally perfect, worked great in the past, not a scratch on it, just shines....except there is a small crack that goes about half way up the brass tube that comes out of the valve and goes into the tank. To me, I don't see how this could affect anything, but was wondering if maybe it did?

thanks

Nate

If you're talking about the dip tube, then by all means, use the valve. The tube just prevents debris (like rust) and water from entering the regulator (and your lungs) if you're swimming in a head down position.

yeah, its the dip tube. Good to know its ok. I figured it was, but wanted to double check...primo 1/2" pipe thread valves are kinda hard to come by.

thanks

Nate

I just find it strange that the dip tube would be cracked.

It doesn't hurt anything, but you may be able to replace it. I would try to replace it if it is not too much trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom