Newest Sherwood Reg to be Unveiled at DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well i may just have to wait to buy my maximus

The reg is not an Atomic because it has a dry sealed first stage. That means that there is no grease or cristo lube to transmit the hydrostatic pressure (and increase the IP). That leaves the top of the reg (opposite the ports) to house the load transmitter. I will likely have some kind of flexible diaphragm that pushes/moves something else to increase the IP as you decend. The closest thing I can think of comparing it to is these

hope that helps.

Talking to the Sherwood rep. here in Okinawa, it is a balanced piston first and a balanced second stage. This is the second picture I've seen of the SR17 (I think its called), and it to me just looks like a throw off of a Atomic or older Mk10.

Rep in Okinawa... Is that still Rudy?

Sorry to all...the pic on our site has been taken down.....To many complaints from other dealers that didnt have that pic or take the time to put it up and I was asked to take it down until I can get a better pic after DEMA.....

BUT......

If you havent seen it yet, PM me and I will send you a pic :D

BOOOOOOOOOO to all those that complained :lotsalove: LOL I knew that would happen

There are zero production models available at this time - no one will be bringing a SR1 back from DEMA.

The new release date is December 1st – which happens to be a Saturday – so the real release date is December 3rd – at the absolute soonest.

It's about time Sherwood did some kind of advancement on their regs. They are workhorses, but have been stagnant for quite some time. Looks like the first turret ever on one of their regs.

Back
Top Bottom