Let's see pictures of your home fill station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not many photos in the member's gallery, let's see what you've got.

Here is mine

K-14, P0 and P61 filters, Doing CB of O2 and He through my homebuilt stick. (thanks oxyhacker) It's not much but it works for me..

Attachments

• bob1.jpg
    bob1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,230
Mine has already been posted but there have been a few changes...

Bauer Capitano, P1 filter system, nitrox/trimix stik, and 2x4500 and 2x2600 cascades.

Skippy31

Attachments

• compressor.jpg
    compressor.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,495
Yes it is..

Good Eye...

I've never seen a K&N Air filter used on an air compressor. but a pretty good idea if you think about it and know that the K&N is a high performance air filter. Definately better than having just an open inlet

one more question.... that doesn't appear to be part of your house but perhaps a small new workshop (shed) that was build to house the compressor, etc. Is that to reduce noise in the house and move the O2 outside the house/garage area?

(having o2 bottles in the garage off the main house always made think a shed might be the way to go).

one more question.... that doesn't appear to be part of your house but perhaps a small new workshop (shed) that was build to house the compressor, etc. Is that to reduce noise in the house and move the O2 outside the house/garage area?

(having o2 bottles in the garage off the main house always made think a shed might be the way to go).

That was the idea. I wanted to keep the O2 away from the house and be able to fill tanks later in the day / night, when it's cooler outside.. The building is about 50 yards from the house and the compressor is surprisingly quiet. Having it that far out keeps my wife and the neighbors happy and It also gives me a place to "get away".. :wink:

This is also a new (2 week old) setup and is still a work in progress.. Today, I added a distribution block, a second whip and a tap to connect my O2 / He analyzer to. I'm in the market for some Bank bottles next..

It's just a compressor right now but my winter project will be a blending stick.

It sure beats hauling tanks to the dive shop! :D

Attachments

• MVC-379S.JPG
    MVC-379S.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 674
I'm looking at the pictures and I noticed that people are putting their compressors with the flywheel/fans placed right next to the wall. I had mine set up like that but after about 200 hours I had to do a $2500 rebuild because I had a couple of stages burn out. My compressor guy said it was because I had the fan/flywheel too close (about 3 or 4 ") to the wall and this didn't allow adequate cooling air to circulate. For those of you with the fan close to the wall have you had any problems with getting adequate cooling?

On my Alkins...
I have about 1ft of space between the flywheel blades and the back wall in my installation. I have installed 2 fans - one blowing on the 1st stage+intercoolers the second fan blows on the 3rd stage head. Everything stays cool enough to keep my hand on it indefinately so I figure I'm doing ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom