Aqua Lung Legend LX ACD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am gone for the forseeable future - I am making about $50,000 more per year here and I actually like the job a lot.

More importantly, the wreck diving opportuities here in the mid atlantic region are world class and the techincal dive training opportunities are vastly better than anything I could get in Denver or MSP and with less travel are a lot less expensive.

The Conshelf XIV second stage is still all metal, it if were balanced and adjustable I'd be a happy camper.

Scubapro is very good about sending parts and about replacing warranty parts with turn around times on new orders of 5 to 7 days.

I am not real clear on the "Aqualung parts take longer to get" concern though. Aqualung parts did take a week or two longer to receive, but annual service parts are an item that should be stocked pretty heavily anyway and Aqualung, like Scubapro, has comparatively few annual service parts kits for all their regulator models as most of the kits fit several models so the logistics are not that bad.

I noted the last time I was in there that Scott was also stocking Apeks regs in addition to Scubapro (and a few Aqualung regs) and that is a good thing in terms of consumer choice, but I suspect the same parts issue would apply to Apeks as well given that Apeks is a subsidiary of Aqualung and as far as I know they use the same dealer/distribution network. I could be wrong, but an Apeks should have the same slightly longer parts delay as an Aqualung regulator.

I like the Aqualung Legend a lot and it made a lot of sense for the previous owner to stock them (but he seldom did for reasons I never understood) prior to Scubapro introducing the Mk 17. However now that you can get a Mk 17 S600 or Mk 17 G250, there is not really any reason in my opinion to get an ATX 200 or an Aqualung Legend as they all deliver pretty much the same exceptional performance - and I like the bullet proof cold water performance of the Mk 17 better.

The Apeks XTX series offers a reverisble second stage, but I really don't see much if any practical application for that feature.

Personally, just get what ever of the three you want and have him order it if he does not stock it - it should arrive in a week or two. Anyway you go; ATX 200, Legend or Mk 17 S600/G250 you'll be getting a good reg.

Hope you do well down there ,and i am with you I think all three are winners.
But i do think i would go with MK17/250v

Just wondering why the majority of people always talks about scubapro,apeks, and atomic regulators. Whenever anyone wants opinions on good regs everyone always talks about those 3. I dive with the aqua lung legend lx and love it. Is there a reason more people (Including "tec" divers) dont use this reg?

because most of the divers are posers:), they want to dive with the "ferraris" of diving,, but in reality most of them couldnt tell the difference between one or the other, the legend regulator is a great product, nothing wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom