Pics from Maui trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmWaterWeenie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here are some pics from our dive trip with B&B a couple of weeks ago (see trip report below). This was my first attempt at U/W photography, so there were LOTS of bad pics, but some of these came out ok. I welcome any comments or advice on how I can improve these pics (the only thing I did post-processing is adjust white balance and in some cases crop). As I mentioned before, we had a great time with B&B and we can't wait to get back. Until then, these pics will serve as a fond memory. Enjoy!

YellowMarginMoray1small.jpg

Turtle2small.jpg

Turtle1small.jpg

TigerCowry1small.jpg

SpanishDancerEggMass1croppedsmall.jpg

SnowflakeandWhitemouthMoray1small.jpg

ReefSharks1small.jpg

MantaRay2small.jpg

LeafScorpionfish1croppedsmall.jpg

HawaiianGreenScorpion1Small.jpg

HarlequinShrimp1croppedsmall.jpg

Frogfish2Small.jpg
WhitemouthMoraywCleanerWraseecroppe.jpg

FriedEggNudi1Small.jpg

CrocodileEel2Small.jpg

you have some great photos! The composition was incredible -- probably just a little getting used to on the white-balance and strobe settings and you'll be turning out some magazine-ready prints!

Good job!

Really Great pictures, Thanks

Excellent pics. A little more post processing would bring out colors a bit more. Very nice for a first attempt. I wish my first pictures were any where close to being as good as these.

I appreciate the incredibly kind feedback. It was a lot of fun and a great learning experience. The decent quality of the pics you see here are a combination of reading and learning from the U/W photography tips sections here on SB and reading a couple books on the subject, a lot of trial and error (I am very grateful for the immediate feedback of digital photography), and good luck in finding good photo opps (much of the credit belongs to Blesi of B&B Scuba).

I can't wait to get back out there to try again and hopefully improve.

In the meantime, I will probably spend some time here and elsewhere learning about how to post-process these pics.

Back
Top Bottom