Which airline to San Pedro Sula?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP4AIR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey All,

I'm looking to do the Utila Aggressor in Feb 2008. I have been perusing all the travel sites looking for an airline to get there. Taca is the least expensive, and arrives on time for me to make the connection to Utila to the Aggressor.
Has anyone had any experience with Taca? Tell all...good or bad
Thanks

I fly Houston to Roatan 6 to 8 times a year and either fly Taca or Contental which ever is cheaper at the time.... Taca has been lowest most of the time this year....

Never had any problems with TACA - they have one of the over-all newest fleet of aircraft in the world...

Are you flying or taking the ferry to Utila ??????

I would let the Aggressor people handle this for you. Ditto for what Howie said... and asked.

The Aggressor people will be handling the flight over to Utila. 150$ rt to be paid onboard. Thanks for the input.

I have been following the airline prices lately, Spirit Airlines has quoted prices lower than TACA to San Pedro Sula. I have never flown with Spirit so I can't offer any input there.

As long as you avoid SOSA you should be fine.

For internal flights I always recommend TACA/Islena, they don't just cancel flights because they don't have enough people! Unlike Atlantic Airlines and SOSA.

As long as you avoid SOSA you should be fine.

For internal flights I always recommend TACA/Islena, they don't just cancel flights because they don't have enough people! Unlike Atlantic Airlines and SOSA.

What is the best way to get from San Pedro Sula to Utila I am booked with Deep Blue next May and will be flying Delta probably to SAP but I still need to find the best way to get to Utila
thanks
greg

Scuba 066: thanks, and you are right that Spirit does have some lower fares than Taca. The catch to it is that the days that I need to leave, they have no flights avail. So I pick the day before, and then on the return I have to take the day after. Kind of a hassle and some added extra cost.

Also, let me put this out there for all to read. I have a United Visa card and earn miles on United when I use the card. Taca is United's partner airline, and I can also earn miles for using them. I called United to inquire about a fare to SAP and the agent told me:$825. I told him that I didn't understand that if they were partner airlines, why such a price difference ($403 Taca). The guy tells me that I don't have to understand it and if I didn't like the price then to buy the ticket from another airline. Great customer service there United! Needless to say...I booked Taca. It's a red eye,leaving at 0415 AM...but what the heck.

Tarheeldiver: I believe that there is a ferry from La Ceibe to Utila. There are flights from SAP to Utila on small planes. I'm doing the Aggressor and they have already arranged for a flight from SAP to Utila for us. Cost is $150 paid on the boat. From what I have read on the board, Roatan Man would be the one to ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom